1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

12 Week Old Shih-Poo

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Toby's Mom, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Toby's Mom

Toby's Mom New Member

I have a 12 week old shih-poo male (Toby) I have had him since he was 7 weeks old and I take him to potty religiously! First thing in the morning, after eating, playing before going to his crate (never elemiates there)etc...etc.. I take him to the same spot everytime and use the word potty to urge him to go 9-10 times he does and he is always praised for doing the right thing. BUT, it seems he doesn't know the difference from the carpet and outside. I'm worndering if I'm just too anixous to have potty training over with and maybe expecting too much from the little guy at 12 weeks? Any thoughts would be helpful

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Yes it is a bit early to be expecting him to potty in the right spot. Just keep doing the same thing and Toby will get the idea. Keep praising him and keep a watchful eye and as soon as he starts to squat take him right outside and praise praise praise. That is if you can catch him squatting..... Also you can get those potty training pads if he is going in one spot inside and start moving it closer and closer to outside and then in the spot you want him to go. I've never used them but have heard that they work. It can be a bit frustrating but they learn and I can understand you wanting it to be done with but even though when you think that they have learned they still may have accidents.

Good luck
    :mrgreen: