1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

2 New Addition To Our Family

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by shihpoo1221, Sep 26, 2008.

1. shihpoo1221

shihpoo1221 New Member

Hello everyone! I am new here and stumbled upon it through a search engine. I have just adopted 2 shih-poos and very excited. We adopted both Caillou (named after my son's favorite cartoon) and Gizmo (original name from previous owner) from a lady that was getting her house forclosed. They were so scared of the car ride and also when we got them home, we saw that they were being eaten alive by fleas. Immediately we got that problem fixed. We gave them a flea bath. They are better now and they are getting their shots (they never got any) this weekend. Well at least their lives will be better from now on!

2. shihpoo1221

shihpoo1221 New Member

My babies went to see the vet last saturday and got their shots. We need to go back one more time for booster (vet said they dont need too many booster because they are older. Gizmo still had some flea residue which im hoping will be gone soon since we gave both of them some advantix. Caillou has very dry skin, I have to try the oatmeal and aloe earthbath shampoo and conditioner. They are also going to the groomers on the 10th. Luckily my vet has a groomer on site! Im thinking of growing their hair long, but since the previous owner groomed them herself, they look a little uneven. So im just going to try to get them even out. They are doing great! Specially with my 1 year old son.

3. Fancypoo4u

Fancypoo4u New Member

Keep your Shih poo puppies healthy

There are things to know about choosing a groomer. If the groomer asks for your shot records for your pups, she is a great groomer. If they don't I would not go there. This is to protect you as well as the other person. First of all, Your puppies shots should be finished, not just up to date. I would not allow my puppies to communicate with other dogs who haven't had all of their shots. This is for your own puppies safty and health.
    You don't even let your puppy on the ground out side of your yard. You don't want him to walk where other dogs have walked, unless he is finished with his shots, and wait 2 weeks more. So many people don't know, or ignore, and thier puppies get sick and can die.

Second thing: Fleas's on Puppies? This means that their were fleas's on the Mother? Where there are fleas's, there are un healthy dogs. Dogs with fleas's have worms. A good breeder knows how to keep fleas down. I know you have heard not to treat mother and babies. Mother should be treated for flea's before she has her babies. If mother has flea's, babies have flea's. If there are Flea's there are also ear mites.
    These things are the first sign that the breeder did not know how to take good care of her dogs.