1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

4-year-old Shih-Tzu messing in house?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Erin3, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Erin3

Erin3 New Member

Heya,

I just started working full time for the first time since I got my shih-tzu (Adoped him 18 months ago.) He's neutered and has always been great about not messing in the house. Now that I'm gone 9 hours out of the day, he is constantly leaving messes in corners. There are other people around the house to let him out, and we have a german shepherd that he likes to play with... Do you think the messing is anything to do with my being gone or his being bored? Any ideas as to what on earth I can do? He's not acting sick or uncomfortable, and he behaves fine when I'm around.

2. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

If there are other people around the house to let the dog out, I'd have a word with them. Like get off your lazy butt and put the dog out once in a while. And while you're at it, clean up that poo in the corner.

I know dogs can "hold it" for 9 hours if they have to. But if he's been used to going out at certain times of the day, his body isn't used to holding it. That makes it more difficult. Especially if there are people around who aren't seeing to his needs.