1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

5g stocking ideas ...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by animal, Sep 19, 2005.

1. animal

animal New Member

My best friend got 5 gallon fish tank, but has no idea what to put in it. I told her most of what I knew-- the basics at least. I was just wondering what a good mix would be for her? Something colourful, hardy... easy maintance.

Thanks for your ideas

2. Used

Used New Member

In a 5 gallon you could have either 1 male or 1 female Betta, 3-4 Endlers, 2-3 Male Guppies, 2-3 Cherry Barbs, or just some cool shrimp.

3. animal

animal New Member

What is an "Endler"? I tried to push the betta idea, but she didn't like it...
    Everything else sounds reasonable.

4. Used

Used New Member

Endlers are livebearers like Guppies, Mollies, etc. They get to about 1 inch. The males are bright orange, green, and purple and the females are gray, so their easy to sex and are somewhat prolific.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

A couple of african dwarf (not clawed) frogs would work. So would pygmy cories (there's 3 species that only get around 1") or apple snails.

-Chelle

6. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

DWARF PUFFERS!