1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

6 popular foods made with bugs

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by vene, Jan 28, 2006.

1. vene

vene New Member

http://channels.netscape.com/whatsnew/default.jsp?story=1

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Blach!! I didn't click on the link. Don't want to know anymore. Got more information than I need. Thanks vene :mrgreen:

Ick, yuck and shiver. Something else to look forward to reading on labels.
    I can't believe companies would do that.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

:0024: Thanks for this info, Vene. I happen to be vegetarian, so this is extra gross and I eat all those on the list! I'm not buying those things anymore. If I'm going to eat a bug, it's only because it happened to fly into my mouth while I was doing outdoor activities. :-&

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Cochineal beetles are used in lipstick too.

-Chelle

5. vene

vene New Member

I will never look at food and lipstick the same way again. :m13:

6. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Well, I'm happy to report that I actually don't eat any of those foods listed.

I didn't take any chances and follow the link to learn more. I'll stay with being lucky so far!

7. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Someone once told me that a human swallows an average of 7 spiders over a lifetime while sleeping. :wink:

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I've heard of that before, too.

By the way, if you think about it... if you eat bread, you're proabably eating tons of bugs. It's not like they de-but the wheat as it's processed into bread. The little buggies get processed, too.

Heck, from what I understand, bugs are healthy! (Still not appealing, though)

9. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I may never eat again. :roll:

10. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

The instructor for my Nutrition class was trying to gross us out and told us the same thing about dried herbs and spices....how they are allowed to contain a certain percentage of dried, ground up bugs...legs, wings, etc. :shock:

Mmmm.....SPICY! :mrgreen: