1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

9.5Weeks Bichon Frise Pup - Depression?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Bichon Frise - Chola, Jun 27, 2004.

1. nern

nern New Member

That is one adorable Bichon!!

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I have always wanted to capture a pic of it, but when bathing him, I need both of my hands to keep him up so he doesn't lay down! (One of these times I'll try and get a quick snapshot of it though and post it here...you just have to see it! :wink: )

I don't know Monster, be careful what you wish for. I mean I am glad that they find their baths so relaxing and peaceful, but at the same time I wish they wouldn't be sooo relaxed...like I said, it definitely presents a bit of challenge!

HOWEVER, as soon as they are done with their baths, they go CRAZY, and I mean CRAZY, running around the house playing, barking, etc. It's a stitch to see!!! :lol:

Oh well, I still love the little stinkers to pieces despite the bath time challenges!!! :D

3. Bad News.. Very confused :cry:

Told my brother to go buy the shower head to use in the bath tub when I wash him. He did, then when he put it there, I had Chola in the bathtub everything was going fine, then my brother turn on the water and purposely washed his face straight away.. Chola was moaning the whole way. I told my brother to leave, then I finished washing him, now hes finished, he went CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I very soo horrible! He went under my bed for the first time, hes hiding away and now he is so paranoid..

I think I lost his trust in me :cry: :cry: :cry: this is so horrible. What do I do now? I feel really really horrible

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Amal~

All I gotta' say is, "AWWWWWWWWWW...he is adorable!!!"

I love Bichons...great dogs! :y_the_best:

Thanks for sharing! :D

5. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Well, for starters, you could beat the living day lights out of your brother for doing that!!! NO, NO, NO...just kidding around!!! :lol: Seriously though, I think Chola will be just fine! I wouldn't worry about it Amal, your baby won't be forever emotionally scarred from the ordeal...believe me! A little extra TLC wouldn't hurt though!!! Next time you bathe him, just be sure to make it a real positive experience!!! :y_the_best:

Good luck! :D

6. I think I got to stop jumping to conclusions straight away.. when I wrote that (which isnt long ago) was STRAIGHT after the shower, I think he was just cold. Well I opened up his playpen and he came to me and then he slept on my thigh, I then moved him and pretended to be sleeping in the playpen and he was sleeping close to me, his head on my neck SOO CUTE! he is now sound asleep, I covered him and turned on the heater..

Im off for a shower myself now. Thank you a lto you guys! I promise I wont jump to conclusions again, I'm jsut paraniod and want everything to be fine.. over protective I guess :oops:

7. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

No problem, Amal...we all can be a bit paranoid when it comes to a new puppy! :wink:

:D

8. Hey! that is exactly what Chola was doing! I mean during bathtime, when my brother washed his face he did start whinning but other than whinning he was alright. But its after the bath when I was toweling him, I let him back in my room (not playpen) and he went CRAZY! Like he would run under the bed for first time and bark then from one corner to another.. it made me feel like he didnt want me anymore. The funny thing is, after that running when I was giving up and him back in the playpen, I opened the door one last time to see if he'll want me again, and he just sort of jumped put his head on my thigh and went to sleep!

Now he is in deep deep sleep! I just finished my quick shower and he is still sleeping.

9. You probably already guessed this, this is my FIRST pet of any sort :oops:

I love him lots!

P.S He looks sooo much like a toy poodle when I was washing him!
    P.S2 The shampoo I used on him was "aristoPet - Snow White Shampoo" I will buy the one you guys recommended when I see it (Remember I live in New Zealand, not everything in America is here :) )

10. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

No, not at all, he's just playing!!! :y_the_best:

Yeah, I figured that was probably the case. That's okay though, your concern just goes to show that you truly do care about your pup and his well-being...which is great!!! :eek:

The shampoo you are using could very well be an excellent brand...I, along with MonsterBaiely, just recommended Earthbath b/c we both like it a lot (my groomer included). If you can't find it where you live, you could always order it online. But if you are happy with the brand you are using and it seems to work well, by all means, definitely stick with it if you like it!

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hi bichon chola- you know here in L.A. I believe chola means sort of gangster girl. But anyway. One thing I would start doing is slowly getting chola used to the blow drier. With these types of dogs. Their fur looks better fluffed. So after the bath put the blow drier on low and get him used to it. Even if it takes time. A little at a time is good. I almost had a bichon from a shelter. It turned out the owner called about them the day I legally adopted one of them. They called me and I found out he girl I adopted was deaf. I believe I did the right thing by letting her go home to where she knew how to deal with things. Sad thing is her buddy probably did not get home. I was really sad about it, but felt it was the best thing. Two weeks later I adopted sasha, an abused and neglected mini poodle. She went thru alot trying to figure out how to live with humans , but I've got her in a good spot now. Went thru alot but she's the love of my life.
    Bichons I hear can be kind of testy and hard to house train, but keep at it. It is worth it. It's nice to have you join the auspet forum.

12. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Hey Amal...
    How is Chola doing? Just checkin!! :)

13. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I'll second that...have any updates for us nosy people?!?! :wink:

14. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

nosy? I prefer the description "caring"... .:) hehe

15. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

LMAO...I had a feeling you'd have something to say in response to my comment!!! :lol:

Correction:

I'll second that...have any updates for us caring people?!?! :wink:

(Is that better, Monster?!?!)

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Brilliantly done.... bravo! :eek: