1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

9 Wk Old PB Puppy Has Parvo -

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by zeusisloose, May 17, 2004.

1. zeusisloose

zeusisloose New Member

I am new to this group, but not to the breed. My beautiful, Blue Puppy, Zeus, has Parvo and we're on day three. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thursday night was bad, Friday ok, yesterday I thought he was making an awesome recovery - thanks to immediate Vet assistance, IV, Parvaid and Antiobiotics - fending off all other potential viruses.

Last night we went right back to day one symptoms - vomiting, bloody diareah, etc. I haven't had much sleep these past few days, and am really emotionally and physically drained (I have a 5 and 7 year old - kids - too).

I've started giving him Collodial Silver and his first enema today! He's just ate and kept down his first meal since yesterday afternoon.

Please keep us in your prayers - especially Zeus!!

Thanks for this board and for letting me vent.

Zeus' mommy

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Welcome to the board!
    It sounds as if you are doing everything right! I have been in your shoes before so I kow how rough it is. My baby is doing great she is now a happy healthy 5 month old. Good Luck to you! :D

3. zeusisloose

zeusisloose New Member

Thanks for the Welcome - update and one question.

Hi Gina:

Thank you for the warm welcome message and sharing your success story – what a beauty she is (is she a blue too?)! I am so happy to have found this forum, with all the activity, resources and insight - specifically for the APBT breed. Growing up with two APBT’s as a child, the breed was just starting to get a neg. stigma attached to it and often times we were ostracized if we were with them at a public outing. I wish this forum and support were around back then .

Zeus is really responding to the Parvaid and Collodial Silver – I had never heard of either until today and never faced this virus until this past week. It is horrible to see a happy, vivacious puppy turn into - in literally an hour or two - a listless, sick puppy.

I have a question for anyone who may have priors – Zeus received his second round of shots the Saturday (5 days) before he exhibited his first symptoms. Is there any proof out there or even gut instinct from those who have history with APBT or any other breed, that the vaccination causes the virus?? I know we’re told “No”, but we haven’t taken him out around other dogs, nor had any visit our house – no strangers have been around and our routine (where we visited) hadn’t varied. Just curious.

Thanks again –

Marie

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Puppies get maternal protection passed on at birth with the first milk (colostrum). Some puppies have strong enough immune systems and are never affected or just get a mild case and get over it quickly.
    My puppy Punkin was the only out of her litter to get parvo. She was a shelter dumpee along with her brothers and sisters. She started out as my foster baby but I fell in Love! The pup in my avatar is blue her name is Bluebelle. You can see pics of all my babies by clicking on my www tab below my post.
    Here's Punkin
    [​IMG]

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

welcome to the board, wow we a lot of Zeus here. regarding vacccinations causing parvo, I suggest you read here on "the other dogs" forum the post - "big scam - rabies vaccinations", not the one here on the put bull site. There is some excellant info being posted there right now on articles on vaccinations - pros and cons, etc. check it out.
    and good luck wiht Zeus

honeybear

6. GinaH

GinaH New Member

How is Zeus doing? Hope all is well :D

7. zeusisloose

zeusisloose New Member

Update - He Beat It and Is Doing Well - A Big Thanks to All

Great News!

Zeus has taken a 180 degree turnaround for the better; is eating (B.A.R.F. Diet) and keeping everything in and down!! :eek:

Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support. We feel blessed to have gotten through this past week and are happy to see Zeus acting like a healthy active "puppy" again.

I took this picture of him tonight - startled him as he was turning the corner of the house and as you can see he looks alert and healthy - we look forward to enjoying him in our family for many years to come.

Take care-
    Marie

8. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Excellent!! I am so glad he is recovering nicely. I am currently on a half natural half kibble diet with Harley but will be switching her to a barf diet in the next couple of months.

There are some pretty good sites on Yahoo groups for natural feeding. I belong to Totally Home Cooking, but I believe there is a B.A.R.F group aswell if you are interested.

9. GinaH

GinaH New Member

That is wonderful Im so happy to hear he's doing well. He is such a cutie!