1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

A couple question for you horse fans!

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Nameless, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Can I see any pictures of your horse(s) and what is the most you spent on a horse? Thank you for posting!

2. someday

someday New Member

Here's my Thoroughbred Legend with my mom showing him this past year. I left him with her when I left for college. I got him off the track for $2000(the most i've spent on a horse).

[​IMG]

3. someday

someday New Member

Here's my Thoroughbred Legend with my mom showing him this past year. I left him with her when I left for college. I got him off the track for $2000(the most i've spent on a horse).

[​IMG]

4. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

I've got some photos of my guys at http://www.hometown.aol.com/ottblvr I paid $3000 for Gangsta (the most I've ever paid). Mystique was free, as I rescued her directly from her previous home and not through a rescue organization, and Pony was an equal trade for Misty at about $1800.

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Wow! Both of our horses cost a lot! over a thousand for a pet! Lol! Thanks for posting!

6. someday

someday New Member

OTTB lvr- Gangsta is so cute! He has such a sweet face. What's his breeding? I've just really developed an interest inTB pedigree's, so i've gotta ask!

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I dunno which one is the one with the white blotches, but, I like that one. I also like the all dark brown one, its coat looks very nice and sleek.

8. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

Thank you both! Someday - you're pic doesnt come up :( Dunno if it's just me or what, but I'd love to see that pic of yours! Gangsta's by Northern Flagship out of Genuine Dancer (by Caucasus)

9. someday

someday New Member

10. someday

someday New Member

btw, nice pedigree...I could tell lookin at him he had Native Dancer lines..so pretty.

11. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Sorry, but your picture still does not show up for some reason, but I can take your word on that fact that your horse must look really great!

12. someday

someday New Member

13. someday

someday New Member

14. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

Someday- He's gorgeous! I'm jealous haha

15. someday

someday New Member

He's a sweetie. He's of course can be a handful at times, but he packs my mom around like a trooper. I'm sooo proud of him! I'll have to see if I can find some old pics on my computer when I first got him( 3 yr old)...he was sooo skinny, not much muscle to him, he was such a baby. I'm going home this weekend, so I know i've got some pictures there I can scan in. It's amazing how much he filled out.(He's 11 now)

16. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

Would love to see more pix! It's always fun to see how different they look over time, just putting on height/weight but also muscle.

17. Nameless

Nameless New Member

YOur horse is amazing. It looks like one of those horses you see in the movies!

18. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I paid 4,000 for my horse and i don't have a scanner so....

19. Nameless

Nameless New Member

$4, 000 for a pet! Wow! I could get a car for that! Lol!

20. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Nameless - I don't think you know much about competitive equestrian events (dont take that the wrong way plz - I don't mean it the way it sounds). $4000 for a horse is nothing. There were some kids at my barn - rich kids - like 12 yrs old - their parents bought them a $30,000 horse. Another got a $24000 horse. It is ridiculous. And these are kids who just do smaller shows. The horses in the bigger shows go upwards of $100000. That is one reason I didn't much care for going to bigger shows. A lot of it is showing off how much $$ you have.

I paid $1800 for my horse. He is a reg. QH. 16 h. Strawberry roan. Sweetest thing alive. I got him cheap b/c he had only ever been used as a trail horse but I made him into a jumper. No scanner so no pics. :(