1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Alex and Chicken

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

As ironic as it is, my cockatiel Alex LOVES chicken! I'm talking she goes nuts over a drumstick. In my book it says that they are supposed to eat meat. SO I'm assuming chicken is ok. I give her cooked chicken though and sometimes some med-rare steak.

And a question. She refuses to eat friuts and veggies unless you chew it up for her. I know that sounds nasty, but why is she like that?
    And is it ok for her to eat cheeto's? Thats her favorite snack other than chicken.

Here's a couple of photos of her. She was riding our bottle baby goat!

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi sma yeah its fine her eating meat aslong as its not in large amounts one of mine loves beef lol

As for the fruit and veg instead of chewing it up you could try pulping it up and placing that in her dish see how she goes with that.
    Females love soft foods as thats what they would eat if they had chicks to raise.

Cheetos are ok too as they have calcium in them also aslong as not given in large amounts.
    She sounds like a right character lol
    I could not see the pics it asked me to sign in.

Mike

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I've tried pulping it and puttin it in a bowl, she looks at me like "uh, excuse me....you've got to feed ti to me!" She loves to take it off the end of your tounge.....nasty!!! But she'll bite at your lip till ya give her something!