1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ANOTHER SO CALLED PIT BULL ATTACK

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by lanena322, Apr 5, 2004.

1. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the new Pit Bul board, and I am saddened that it isnt a positive one.

When I connected to the internet, on AOL news it said something about a pit bull killing an 18 month old child. SO I clicked on it, here is the link

http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story. ... 0316KAH02D

And I thought wow, another step down for pit bulls. Well after reading the short and non informative article I clicked on the picture of the black so called pit bull and it was an am staff!!

That just angers me so much I mean they are giving a worse rep to a breed unfairly. This just sadens me, we are trying to bring up the Pit Bull in a new light and hee are people trying to ruin this for us. People have even gone as far as claiming a Pit Bull attacked them and when things are researched you find out it was a rottie or a dobie, or even a lab!

Sorry, I had to rant a little on this one. Any opinions?

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

doesn't even look pure. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't his leggs a bit short? kinda looks like he's mixed witha dashound or something...

3. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

Me too

Lol, yes her legs are a bit short, but I certainly doubt its a daushound mix. But thats just it, people see a dog formed a certain way or acting in an agressive manner they automatically think PIT BULL

The other day I was walking with a friend and this huge fawn colored dobe was barking viciously at us and she said 'damn that pit' i was so angry, ignorance just kills me.

I am constantly getting into heated debates with my step father because he says all pit bulls are mean, except for the very rare ones who have their 'killing' instinct sub dued. And I think it is the total opposite. In fact I know it is the total opposite, my father has owned pit bulls all his life. All of his pups have been wonderful, loving and protective (yet not agressive).

My own grand mother owned a pit bull, until she dies recently.

It just saddens me how people can be so close minded. Where my father lives it is a 'one race' neighborhood and everyone hated his dogs. Neighbors even went as far as claiming to animal control that his dog was running around the street terrorizing the other dogs. When she was never lose, and she was an inside dog only going outside (and on a lead) when she had to use the bathroom.

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

The article didn't seem quite right. I mean did the dog just so happen get to "pose" for the camera before they took him off to the Animal Rabies Control facility? Or did they just show a pic of a B.D. to sensationalize the story in an attempt to show why P.B. should be banned?

5. Meg04

Meg04 New Member

Sharon I was thinking the same thing about the "pose for the picture" I dont think that is the dog that did this. If you look the article is written April 3rd and the picture is taken in March?????? They just wanted to sensationalize the story.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The dog pictured is not the dog who supposedly attacked the boy.
    If you read below the picture it says the dog is pictured in germany in front of a hospital. The actual news story took place in Detroit.

7. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Regina: O.K. I just clicked on the pic and read that. Another media trick to sway people into thinking all attacks are done by P.B. Wouldn't it be great to get the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth? Even if it was a P.B. we'll never know what the story behind the story really is. They (the media) takes everything out of context to make a sensational story. That just SUKS!!

8. Sara

Sara New Member

Staffy Bull

The dog in the picture is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier... Not an American Stafforshire Terrier... It's AWEFULL that these people writing this chose a Staffy Bull to put in a picture...it's a separate breed in BOTH registries (AKC and UKC) whereas teh AKC has the Am staff and not the APBT and the UKC and the APBT and NOT the amstaff... Both registries have the Staffy bull and it's farther from the APBT than the amstaff is...

Education...looks like the median needs it's fair share of education... What an ignorant story!

Sara

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

and what did the boy do to provoke it? what were the surcomstances? they allways make it out to be like the dog just ran over and attacked someone for no reason!

I was watching Animal Cops houston last night, and this little girl got attacked by a mastiff. So the owner comes out shoots the dog and leaves. Well they find the dog bleeding and have to put it down due to the injuries. SO the kid gets interviewed and she said she was just walking to the store and the dog ran out and grabbed her leg. What she failed to mention (and latter did) was she was swinging a bag, and whistling, Sounded to me like the dog thoguht she had a toy and he wanted to play, but accidentally grabbed her leg and proceeded with tug 0 war.

Wether or not, they claimed it was a pitt, and it was a friggin Nepolian mastiff!

10. Sara

Sara New Member

What breed was it???

No one knows anymore... The public has no real idea what an APBT is. THe other day at a dog show with my Boerboels a girl came up with her mom and said... "now THAT's what kind of dog I want. THAT's a Pit Bull" she said... My friend and I nearly fell out of our chairs laughing and I said no this is a Boerboel... A Pit Bull is only about...half his size or smaller... Luckily the mom knew a little something and said to her daughter... "Pit Bulls aren't even built like that." I was appauled at the thought that these people would think my 100 + pound Boerboel even resembled a pit. I wished I had brought my female pit along for the ride...at least then I could show the difference to people.

Every day I get people coming near my house and they see the Boerboels in the back and are TERRIFIED I'm sure because they beleive the dogs to be APBT's... Now the APBT's are in the front yard...and I'm not sure WHAT kind of dogs they think THEY are... It's just insane... On another message board was a story about Pit Bulls and Rotties being the dogs with the most fatal attacks... and such and such a percentage of attacks period... Well if you're getting attacked by a dog...it doesn't matter which breed for one...and for two...are you really going to pay that close attention to what breed is biting the hell out of you???

It's just awfull how ignorant society is and because of that ignorance whole breeds are in danger of extinction!

Ugh...what is this world coming to?

11. doggiestylekennels

doggiestylekennels New Member

something to think about

A BAD OWNER MAKES A BAD DOG!

Sadly, there are still people who breed unstable dogs to make a more aggressive dog. Worst of all, people who own these dogs, use very inhumane practices to intensify aggression; they deprive the dog of light and nourishment for weeks at a time, shoot them with steroids and drugs and even allow them to attack defenseless animals, just to name a few. These people are obviously not responsible owners or breeders and unfortunately are the ones who get all the attention. The dogs we breed are family companions and head turners in the show! Once you have owned an American Pit Bull Terrier or an American Staffordshire Terrier, you will never want another breed! These are by far the happiest and most loyal of all breeds.

You made me what I am today, courage at its best. You wanted me to know no fear, a cut above the rest.

Not only did I master that, I've thrown in loyalty, too. Look past my eyes into my soul, you know I'd die for you.

I'll watch your kids, I'll watch your house. Your praise will be my crown, ask what you will-I'll do my best. I'll even be your clown.

But some of you don't like me, I'm sure I don't know why. The only thing I'm guilty of is courage, love, and try.

But still they want to see me go, they want my breed to end. Will I see you sitting idly by? You, whom I call friend?

You made me what I am today, you never saw me waiver. I've done my best to keep you safe. Wont you please return the favor.

by 'Cheryl Crabb'

To all responsible owners current, past, and future. Help preserve the Breed!

The True American Breed

Just a note: To those who don't know, the American Pit Bull Terrier was our countries first true breed. We used this dog as our mascot in the First World War. The Pit Bull represented Pride, Courage, and Honor; just like us Americans stand for. The breed was celebrated for its diversity, not limited like other breeds. Just like us as Americans, we are a melting pot of many races, religions, and nationalities. This breed reflects the characteristics of America. This breed has been hated on by those who do not understand it; just like us as Americans. Some do not know about all the great characteristics this breed possesses. It is our job as breeders to show the world why this is Americas true breed.
    We grew up watching the Little Rascals and saw this breed interact with our children. On that program, which was one of our countries earlier programs, Petey was one of the gang. He was seen as a member of that group and loved by all Americans.
    Its time to bring that respect back to the breed and welcome them back as an American, an AMERICAN Pit Bull Terrier.