1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else having posting problems?

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by Chessmind, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi everyone. In the cat forum, I cannot make new topics or post replies. As soon as I click submit, the new topic or reply is just not there. Anyone else having the same problem? I have left a message for Auspetian.

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Seems like it was just my one computer. When I used my other computers it worked just fine.

3. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I haven't had that problem. Would hate not to be able to post.

I wonder why one computer would work and another computer wouldn't? I think computers must have a mind of their own. They can be such a headache. Hope you can get it straightened out.

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Can anyone tell me what this means....

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

Ive been getting this for 2 days now, I click refresh though and the page will load....sometimes I get the debug message. :(

5. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

Hi DeLaUK,

I am experiencing the same errors you are describing. It is an issue with the site host and we are currently working on it.

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I was getting it too but it seems better now

7. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Thanks....every time I get a wierd message on my screen I assume that I somehow 'broke it'....past experience has proved that to me many times :oops: I have a bad habit of playing with my buttons and clicking on things that Ive been told to leave alone....Im just curious what they all....got to stop doing that :shock:

One time, I have no idea what I did but my daughter and me walked into the house and the dogs were all in their respective crates and scared to come out....none of them were shut in, they used to go into them if we had a thunderstorm or earthquake....so anyway we were both in the kitchen, dogs had ran into the living room...all peaking out of from behind various furniture items...very wierd and the next thing is we heard this sickening screaming from a girl....and the dogs all hid again then I looked over at the computer, Id left the screen on when we went out...there was this face of a girl (like a teen) she looked like she was dead with her face kinda bloated and these eyes....I can still see her face as clear as Im looking at this screen now....my daughter and me screamed and I ran to the comp and just shut it down. I waited a while and switched back on again, my daughter and me both standing back from it....it came back on and nothing happened so we carried on unpacking the shopping and about 10 minutes later the same thing.....I shut it all down again. So I take the comp to a guy in LA who is a troubleshooter/virus/worm expert, I tell him what was happening, he said it sounded like a virus that had attached itself to the screensaver so every time that kicked in this 'dead girl' would pop up on the screen....he spent days going through everything, he found nothing, hed left it switched on while he was testing it....nothing, I took it home, booted it up....10 minutes later dead girl pops up again...I was pretty much convinced by this time that it was actually posessed :shock: I practically ripped the cables out and threw it outside in the yard and then locked the back door, went and got another one the next day.....

:oops: sorry, got a bit off topic then :oops:

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Wow! That's very creepy!

9. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

WOW! sounds like an horror movie... :shock:

Don't think I would have ever touched a computer again after such an experience. You’re very brave.

Hope that Auspet’s error messages are bit more user friendly then that. Maybe we should include some smiles over them. LOL :lol:

10. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:lol: Yes Auspets messages are a lot friendlier than that one, Im more than happy that they dont scream at me.

Common sense told me that it had to be a virus or something, it happened around the time there was that Melissa Virus and thats what I thought it was but then I found out what the Melissa Virus was and it wasnt even close. I think what really did freak me out.....it gets worse, :oops: about a year or so before I had to get a restraining order out on this psychotic stalker I had, long story short, there were death threats and attempts and I had to 'get out of dodge' for obvious reasons....he just happened to be a computer genius though....so one of the first things I thought of was that he had actually killed someone, took a photo and recorded the voice and somehow hacked into my computer to 'let me know he was around'....which was something that he had vowed to do, killing someone was one of his psycho fantasies....
    I think what had me thinking that was the dogs reaction, I mean all of them freaking out like that, my daughter was a teen at the time, the TV was always on, horror movies like Scream etc were watched over and over again, the dogs were no strangers to hearing screaming....except with this, made it seem more 'real'....'eerie'......the guy that checked the comp out for viruses said there was no way the psycho could have hacked into my comp to put anything in there, he had never been to where Id moved to and I got the comp after I moved....he said he would have to have direct physical access to it to do anything....with the dogs I had in the house, Im sure I would have seen evidence somewhere had he broken in.

so no....the messages on Auspet that pop up are fine and dont scare me at all :lol:

11. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm still having little bits of problems off and on. If it is not working right, I come back later and then it seems okay. Don't know what is wrong.

12. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Sometimes Ive been able to just hit refresh and the page comes up fine, hasnt happened in the last few days though.