1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

anyone's cat ever have a

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, May 18, 2010.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

depo shot?
    My Missy (she'll be 15 in July) has recently started furpulling. I had her t4 levels checked thinking her thyroid might have gone wonky. That was fine.
    It kept happening and she was down to skin on one spot.
    I really really didn't want to start medicating her at this age so the vet said try a depo shot....she was so funny.
    Saturday she was acting like a 2 year old again. She raced after me, ran up/down the stairs.
    Sadly her antics have caught up with her and she's resting now.
    Her fur pulling hasn't stopped yet but it's not as bad. I don't know how long to expect it to take and I hope I don't have to resort to kitty prozac.
    Vet said it wasn't uncommon for seniors to start doing stuff like that. Breaks my heart. And she's so skinny. Hoping this will also help her get some poundage on her bony frame. If animal control (if we had such a thing here) saw her they would think I was starving her. She's always been petite but now she's lindsey lohan material

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Mary sorry to hear about the hair pulling....
    When Harley was acting crazy at all times of the day and night..... the vet put him on ammitryptline sorry spelling is off but you get the drift... it may just be that she needs a little downer :mrgreen: he didn't have to stay on it just to get the behavior cut out.....
    good luck