1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Aquarium filters

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fish Addict, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hey all i am just wondering if you think i need more filters on my brand new 125
    here are the filters i have on right now
    Eheim 2028 Professionel II Filter
    Fluval 304
    what you think
    i am planning to stock it after it have cycled with african cichlids

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Your filtration sounds good. You should be aiming for 3x - 5x turnover with cansiters and you're at 4.7x.

-Chelle

3. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

does anyone know anything about an aqua tech 30-60 and how much water it turns over?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

330 gph. And since it's a regular HOB filter it really is only good for up to a 33 gallon tank.

-Chelle

5. AMR22

AMR22 New Member

hey im getting a penguin 330 for my 55 gal, is that ok

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yup, sounds good.

-Chelle

7. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

since mine is too small can you give me a list of a few that might be good to have.

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Or if you don't want to use the aqua-tech (it's a walmart brand, so I'm not sure I would trust it) and just want one canister filter you could go with one of these:
    Filstar xp2
    Fluval 304
    Eheim 2026
    Viaaqua 650
    Cascade 1000 (I have the larger version of this on my 75)

-Chelle

9. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

well the aqua tech came with my tank i work at a pawn shop and someone brought it in. so i didnt really have a lot to pic from. but i am going to get me a diffrent filter. i will look at the ones you listed. thanks