1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Auspet service difficulties poll – please vote.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Auspetian, Jun 30, 2004.

?

How many times did you experience service difficulties on this site in the past 3 months ?

1. On every visit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only once

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Approx 3 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Approx 5 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Approx 10 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Approx 20 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Approx 30 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. More than 30 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rene

Rene New Member

hello i just wanted you to know that when i tried to post a reply this is what came up

Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/auspetco/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/auspetco/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/auspetco/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
    phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Arrrgh! I am now having to log in every time I come here, even though I have the box checked that is supposed to keep me logged in.

Jamiya

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

That's EXACTLY what I have been experiencing as well for the last several days!!! :x

I have also been receiving the warning messages posted by others above!

Just thought I'd make mention of it! :D

4. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

Looks like our host is experiencing some major issues again.

I'm going to take it with them and advise further. The new forum uses a backend database which is being hosted on a very busy server (so it appears). The connection to the database is what causes the bottleneck, thus the slow loading pages, database mysql errors and loss of login info.

What all of this mean in simple English.......it means we might have to stop using the new forum and switch back to the old one. :cry:

I'm going to take these issues with our hosting company first thing and then might put up a poll asking all to vote re switching back to the old format which was much more reliable (although old fashioned). They a’int making them this way anymore.

Sorry guys, there is really not much i can do but to hope that our hosting company will get their act together.

P.S.
    Jamia, there’s a link above the login box with instruction on possible reasons for auto login to fail. Please check it out (although i very much suspect that your problem is related to the issues mentioned above)

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

While we're here.....what the heck happened to the search feature?! It used to be awesome and now I can't find a thing. I liked being able to put in a keyword and the author's name - I could find anything I wanted. Now I get a list of things that are from 27 years ago for the most part. :|

Jamiya

6. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

Theres a link on the search page "search the new forum" just under the google search box.

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Doh! LOL, errrr thanks. :oops:

Jamiya

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

The login issue was not resolved by following the steps in your post. Silly forum!

I really liked this one better than the other, at least until the problems started.

Jamiya

9. GinaH

GinaH New Member

IM not having a problem with the site loading anymore now I am having a big problem with getting threads to load. And also when I post sometimes it never loads? So then I have to go back and rewrite it. So I have gotten in the habit of copying my posts before trying to submit them.

10. nern

nern New Member

I thought it was just my computer at first. I've also had that error message a few times that the others have posted above. Just recently the board seems to take forever to load on some days and is fine on other days.

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I noticed lots of lag time (or slow response). Funny thing is I never noticed it until I voted and said something like none or rarely... which I think jinxed me at that point.

I wasn't online yesterday and so tonite is my first time back on, and I'm not noticing any issues tonite, and I'm going back and forth and all over the boards.

12. lil96

lil96 New Member

OH NO I got the message that warning message and slow loading today!!!

13. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Loading painfully slowwwwwwwww today. :(

14. saffy

saffy New Member

loading quite quickly all weekend. Now it's painfully slowwwwwwwwwwww! :|

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Whoa. BIG problems this morning. The forum index wouldn't even load for a while - got that big SQL error message again. Now it's loading but SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Jamiya

16. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Auspetian. My biggest problem is when I first come to the site. I have about 3-4 large pop-ups trying to load at the same time. Once I have gotten rid of them, then It's okay. It would be a shame if we had to go back to the old boards. I don't mind if the site is slow now and again. Perhaps you could take another poll asking if we want to deal with the site the way it is, or go back to the old forum which has fewer problems? Just a thought.

17. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi again. After I posted the reply above, I got 3 pop-ups all trying to load at the same time. I got rid of them, then I had two more pop-ups, then another one. That's 6 pop-ups in less then 10 seconds. These pop-ups are big.

18. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I had to install a pop-up blocker because of the pop-ups on this forum. Nowhere else I go is so bad.

Jamiya

19. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Jamiya. :D I have AOL 9.0 which is great at blocking pop-ups. I also have another pop-up blocker, but it doesn't seem to work for these pop-ups at this site. I only have problems with pop-ups when I visit Auspet. Did the pop-up blocker you got help you out here? If so do you have a link to it, so I and others can download it?

20. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

The one I use at work is the google pop-up blocker: http://toolbar.google.com/

I have a different one at home, but I don't remember which one.

Jamiya