1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

baby puppy doesn't cry or whine, he SCREAMS! HELP!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by allypetals, Oct 23, 2007.

1. allypetals

allypetals New Member

As a child, my family bred silky terriers, and I assiste in training the dogs for showing in the ring. As an adult, I adopted 2 shelter dogs and have had nothing but success training them to be happy, healthy an dwell adjusted pets. Sadly, the 2 shelter dogs passed away in hurricane Katrina. Two days ago my boyfriend and I got a 9 week old pomeranian puppy. He's beautiful and playful and sweet and energetic. However.... When we put him in the crate and went to bed, he began whining, then crying... louder and louder and louder until it sounded like a child screaming! I know well enough to ignore the behavior so he'll adjust to the crate, but he screamed literally for 3 hours. I think he exhausted himself, then woke up 30 minutes later and started the same behavior until it was time to get up in the morning. I didn't want to reward his behavior by taking him out, but I needed to walk him. Does anyone have any advice about a dog with the stamina and lung capacity to scream for 5 hours? He doesn't mind the crate when the door is open and he eats inside the crate with no problems. I'm sure he's just lonely and scared and adjusting to the new environments and smells and situation, but what can we do about the screaming? How long can that last? Please help!!! [-o<

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

HI, the best thing to do is place an on old item of your clothing like a t-shirt with your scent on into his crate, Also a teddy, and placing a tcking clock under his blankets will mimic his mothers heartbeat this is all usually enough to calm him down and sleep through the night.

Also you can place the crate in your room somewhere that she can still see you.

Puppies can and will usually scream all night i had one that did just that when i first got her she howled and screamed constantly from 12am when i went to bed until 6:30 when i got up.

It can take a couple of days to a couple of weeks for him to settle down and realise that its bed time.

Mike