1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Zebra Finch Growing Up

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by iobre8ks, Feb 18, 2005.

?

Of my four zebra finch babies what combination of babies do you think i will have?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2005.
  1. bbbb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. bbbg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. bbgg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. bggg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. gggg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

My three baby zebra finch are growing really fast they can now eat on their own and are in their own cage. I can't wait to see what sex they are going to be i plan on keeping one of them and then i have a pure bred fawn that is three weeks old that i plan on keeping. Then i will have three pair to breed. But i do have to wait one year in order to breed these two. Yippee :eek: B = Boy G = Girl in poll.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

How old are they now, what colour are there feathers and has there beak turned orange yet?

Mine is 6-7weeks old and is a fawn like her mother and is now in a cage of her own.

Mike

3. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

they are just under five weeks (three of them regular color beaks just started to change color in own cage) the other is three weeks (fawn color no beak change still with parents).

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi they should have started to get there orange beak once this turns orange like the parents the colour and the sex is then visable in the chicks.
    The males will have the orange cheek patches and the females will not.
    The males will have a paler coloured cheek patches depending on there feather colour.

Most fawns are female but there is fawn males but not very many as the normal colour is the normal grey zebra finch.

http://www.birdshelpline.bravehost.com/Finches.html

Thats is a link to come different coloured finch's

Mike

5. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hiya looks like you have all females apart from the first one that one looks like its going to be male.
    You may also find the males have a speckled flank and the females do not.
    But at a guess i would say all females but the first one.

Very cute pictures Your kitty is identical to my mums 7year old male cat.
    Mike

7. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

the lager cat is about three years old we picked it up Sept. 11, 2002 The other one that is all black and white is about one two years old we got it from my aunt.

8. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

the final combination of babies is bbbb.

9. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi how old are your babies now?

Mine is about 9weeks and is now turning into a fawn male with orange cheek patches and has started doing his dads mating call which is funny since he can not do it yet heheheh..

Mike

10. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

the three that i sold are now eight weeks old or so and the one that i still have is about six weeks old fawn. I plan on keeping him and in about a year starting to breeding him.

11. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

All they all fawn ?
    Fawn males will have started to get there orange cheek patches and they will have orange flanks aswell where the female is plain.

My baby now looks like a fawn male has his patches on the cheeks and his flanks.

I am planning on breeding him to a white when he old enough that way i should get pied babies.

Mike

12. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

three were normal grey and the last one is fawn. Right now i have two breeding pairs. I also want to have the pied babies and am planning on buying a female all white.