1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bad breath solution for dogs?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by wuffman, Sep 18, 2014.

1. wuffman

wuffman New Member

I'm looking for any good suggestions for my dog's bad breath. Any effective remedy?

2. MaleShih

MaleShih New Member

This is also one of our dog's problem. By the way, based on what I gathered, Tooth brushing is the most effective way to prevent bad breath. Dental treats and chewing aids may also help reduce plaque build up that causes bad breath.

3. richguinea

richguinea New Member

I just stumbled on this the other day: http://www.thesmartcanine.com/can-dogs-eat-apples

Apparently, apples help scrap off the plaque on the dog's teeth and freshen's the dog's breath. I'm not sure how accurate that is or if it actually works, its just something that i randomly stumbled on the other day. You can read more into it if you want. I forget what the details were. And oh yeah, spoiler alert: dogs can eat apples

4. peterscot

peterscot Guest

This is really one of the major serious issues of bad breadth in doggies. My dog also facing the Bad Breadth problems, I take it to Veterinarian Which examine it and clean the Plaque.

5. Few things you can do is to stop giving them too much meat treat, and try to avoid wet dog food, give him/her a bone from time to time plus keep their bowl as clean as possible as the main reason behind the bad breath mostly is accumulated bacteria in your dogs' mouth.

And if your dog’s breath smells very unusually,It may be a sign of serious medical problems, which need an immediate treatment.

6. Techy Tails

Techy Tails New Member

Dealing with bad breath in dogs is a common concern, and there are several effective remedies you can try to improve your dog's oral hygiene and freshen their breath:

1. Regular Dental Care: Just like humans, dogs' benefit from regular dental care. Brushing your dog's teeth with a dog-specific toothbrush and toothpaste is one of the most effective ways to prevent bad breath. Aim to do this a few times a week.

2. Dental Chews and Toys: There are dental chews and toys designed to help clean your dog's teeth as they chew and play. Look for options with features like ridges and nubs that help remove plaque.

3. Dental Treats: Dental treats can be given to your dog to help reduce plaque and tartar buildup while freshening their breath. Look for products approved by veterinary associations.

4. Water Additives: Some water additives are specifically formulated to reduce bacteria in your dog's mouth, helping to fight bad breath. Simply add the recommended amount to their drinking water.

5. Professional Dental Cleanings: Your veterinarian can perform a professional dental cleaning, which may include scaling, polishing, and addressing any dental issues. This is typically done under anaesthesia and may be necessary if your dog has severe dental problems.

6. Diet: Consider switching to a dental-specific dog food that is formulated to promote oral health. These foods are designed to reduce plaque and tartar buildup.

7. Chew Toys: Certain chew toys, like rubber toys, can help clean your dog's teeth as they chew. Be cautious with hard objects, as they can damage teeth. Always supervise your dog during play.

8. Check for Dental Problems: Sometimes bad breath is a sign of underlying dental issues like gum disease or infection. Have your veterinarian examine your dog's mouth to rule out any health problems.
    Remember that consistency is key, and it's important to maintain a good oral hygiene routine to keep your dog's breath fresh. Additionally, consult with your veterinarian for personalized recommendations and to address any concerns related to your dog's oral health.