1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Big changes coming at the end of the month!!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Mar 3, 2011.

1. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well my Auspet friends I'm moving!!! we are packing up and moving to WI!! The BF is heading out Friday :cry: to find us a place to live and I'll finish packing and tying up loose ends...wait for the movers to do their thing and put 3 unhappy hopefully tranq'd cats in a large crate, Buster, plants in the 4 runner and start a 19 hr drive.... :shock: This will be quite the undertaking for me with my health... I am on LTD with Rheumatoid Arthritis..
    Wish me luck this will be a very long month without my support and love!! Hopefully all the animals will behave (Oh I'm also bringing my blind fish :mrgreen: )

2. vene

vene New Member

Oh my goodness HDrydr! :shock: That's quite a move with you and your little ones. Thinking of you and sending lots of good luck and well wishes! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thank you Vene I need all the thoughts and prayers I can get!!! Long drive!!! I'm going to have to tranq the cats.... had a episode couple weeks ago where I had a showing on my condo and well actually back to back ones and I had to clear out my work desk as well at a certain time. So my upstairs neighbor volunteered her bathroom for a hour or so. They have 2 cats. Well instead of using the bathroom in the other room they decided to check on my cats and use that bathroom....well one of their females got in the bathroom and started a big fight!! no injuries but they are still scared emotionally from this.....

They fought with eachother for 3 days!!! hissing swatting growling at eachother!!! nightmare!! I had to give them downers to try and ease the tension... now when I try to put them back in the crate in the car for other showings they start fighting all over again!!!! I'm soo upset with the neighbors just common sense to just leave them alone!!!

So now I have to get heavy duty tranq's so that they will be ok with eachother during the 19 hour drive!!!! I will have to stop along the way but still long time to be couped up together... Even though it's Buster's old crate so it's huge!!! enough room for a reg litterbox water food and for them to walk around!!! It takes up the entire back area in my 4 runner...

Buster will have enough room to lye out behind them... but a full car!!! Oh and I'll have my blind fish and his algae eater that doesn't pick on him :) in a box in breather bags... and all my plants.... gonna be a zoo!!!

Not to mention my poor body my Rheumatoid arthritis is soo painful and i had to quit my job and go on LTD and in process of filing for social security!!! I'm a freakin' mess :)

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

wishing you luck

5. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Good luck! I hope you have an uneventful drive. My parents used to drive from here to Florida (3 day drive) and back with a cat and dog in the car.

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thank you.... the 28th can't come fast enough!!! After the movers finish loading I can load the animals and go to my better half!!! Miss him very much!!

7. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well just did a trial dose per the vet of children liquid benedryl that did not go over well at all!!! did it at 10:15am They foamed white/pink for about 15 mins afterwards... and did not take the med well at all.. actually Harley did the best..Chopper and Zoe were violent!! :shock: it's now 1pm and it appears like it didn't do anything... not sure if I got the entire dose in them as they foamed soo much :)
    Have a call in for the vet she has a pill form but it would be difficult to dose right but we may have to trial it as don't think this method is going to work :)
    But that's why we are working on it now instead of on moving day...I got til the 28th to get it worked out...
    they are finally not looking at me like we're going to scratch your eyes out later anymore :roll:

8. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Oh my goodness, you have your hands full, HDrydr. Hugs to you.
    My one daughter had Rheumatoid Arthritis, too, and I know it's no fun.

Best of luck on your move. Hopefully, all will be well once it's over and you can all be less stressed and happy settling in your new home.

9. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well my honey landed a job out in WI he will start on Monday!!! yahoo!!!
    12 more days until the movers come and I'll get to be on my way....
    Got the meds for the cats in the mail today so I'll trial them tomorrow to see how they react... At least it's a pill so it will be much easier to get in them!!!!

Changed the set up for their travels as they are still not getting along well in the same crate due to the cat fight upstairs awhile back....so I bought 3 crates so they can hopefully ride more peaceful and so can I :mrgreen:

Kitties new travel set up
    [​IMG]

Buster's new travel position
    [​IMG]

10. vene

vene New Member

Congrats on him getting a job so quickly! :eek: Love the crates! There's so much room for Buster and the kitties.

I don't think I would able to pill my cats successfully by myself. :shock: You are amazing to be able to pack, pill, get everything ready for the big move all by yourself. Good job planning ahead! Big hugs!

11. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thank you it has been a huge undertaking and I will be very glad when this is all over.... It amazes me how much a small 2 bedroom condo can hold... I've thrown out alot of stuff and I really don't have that much... It has been really hard doing this alone with 4 animals to top it off.... The fish tanks were a BIG task to break down!!! I had a 30 gal with a bunch of babies in it that I had to wait til they were big enough to sell before I could take the tank apart... my 55 gal just had adults in it but was waiting on the 30 gal so I could take everyone in together... Now all I have is my blind fish and a algae eater that are now in a 6.6 gal that will be making the trip to WI with the rest of us :mrgreen:
    just pilled the cats :eek: that was much easier than the liquid!!!! Now to wait and see how they react to the meds and how long it will last...

Again I will be VERY glad when this is all over and we are settled in WI as I'm exhausted mentally and physically!!! Having RA to top it all off has been quite the challenge!!

12. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well it's almost moving day.... Monday early afternoon they will be here and once they are loaded up I will load my 4runner and be on my way!!!

The medications did not work as well just made them kinda mellow...so when I was at the vet yesterday I told her and she told me to add another half to them all sooooo since they are capsules I'll have to sprinkle half more on Zoe and Chopper's food and give Harley one of the others pill plus his... Hopefully that will work better....

Chopper is the best kitty in his crate all quite and happy to be alone....Zoe is VERY vocal and want's out... Harley cries alot but is alright... The best thing of it all after the showings and they are back in the condo NO fights!!!! that makes for a happy me!!! The separate crates was the way to go for sure!!!!

And the best news of this all is....... Got an offer on my Condo last night!!! And after several counter offers (since they really came in low!!) I got them up in price and at least I'm more happy with the offer... I think it is worth more but..... it's a cash offer and I'm happy with at least making my bottom line profit...

This may be my last post for a bit so I will check in once I'm out there :eek:

Hope everyone is well and wish me luck for a easy uneventful trip :)

13. vene

vene New Member

Great news on the condo! I'm so happy for you that things are starting to go smoother for you and the little ones. Take your time getting to your new place and make sure you fit in lots of breaks on the trip! Good luck!!!

14. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thanks!!! I am VERY ready to get going....

Found out this afternoon that the buyer want's the inspection tomorrow of all days!!! we are trying to get it for later in the afternoon hopefully once I'm gone.... But as it stands they are coming at freakin' 1:30 which looks like will be right in the beginning or middle of the movers being here....

Should be a very interesting day and I'm not thrilled as I will have to put the cats and dog in the car way earlier than they need to be and will have to just sit there... Instead of in a nice quite walk in closet before they have to go in the car... Plus I got to pack my car up. Get my 2 fish in their bags and ready to go that's my last thing to do...

Apparently these people are from Vegas and are flying out Tues morning and want to be here for the inspection.... I understand but come on really???

So I'll have movers here, my stupid brother here (hope he forgets), inspectors here, they buyers here all at once!!!!! I really don't want to be here while they are kinda awkward don't ya think?????

Well sounds like a stressful day to me!!! sigh... I'm soo worn out that news brought me to tears!!! I just wanted to be able to take my time getting my car packed fish packed animals packed say Goodbye to my place and go... But now it sounds stressful and fast!!!

wish me luck!!! See you all on the flip side!!

15. vene

vene New Member

Say your good-byes this morning instead of later. All this chaos will be behind you once you're in WI. Big hugs!

16. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Life sure can be stressful sometimes. Hang in there. Just take one day at a time. Best of luck in your move with your furbabies.

17. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thank you everyone...... And to top it off I woke up to SNOW!!!! it has now stopped but just icing on the cake :)
    Just tried to return my cable box and of course they are not open for another hour and a half.... so much for trying to get things done quick..

oh well soon it will be over!!

hugs

18. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well we've been in town since Weds late afternoon... The drive was long and I'm glad that it is over!!! Chopper did the best and has been the same ol kitty...the first night in Ogalalla once we settled in the hotel and was about to go to sleep he got sick all over the bed... :cry: Harley cried the whole way...up until I was at my wits end with his crying the meds didn't help him... I decided to let him out of his crate and well that's what he wanted!!! he laid down with Buster on his bed or on the passenger seat..not a peep out of him the last half of the drive!!! Dang should have tried that sooner!!! Zoe has really had to come out of her shell!! She has become a brave little girl....growling at things she hears and not hiding.... and all of them have become very loving more than usual... very vocal and purring... I think they may think I better be good or she may leave us here....

Buster has done really well and has been very protective which is sweet...before we left he had a vet visit and the vet suspected he might have a bacterial infection in his urine...Got the call from the vet this afternoon and he does indeed have 2 bugs growing... So the vet is mailing out anti-biotics and by the time the course of meds are over he'll have to get his thyroid re-checked as it was low as he gained weight since Gary's been gone... So I got to find a vet soon...

Even my 2 fish that are still in their breather bags and on their heat packs are still alive... I will set up their tank tomorrow after our 5th wheel gets delivered to the RV park tomorrow... I'm very impressed with the Kordon breather bags!!! I've had a bit of an issue keeping a good temp and one night they got pretty cold but they have survived.... I only have a few more fish heat packs left that should get me to tomorrow... But I also used my electric (I know...) heat pack on low to span the gap a bit...

It is super great being with my honey again!!!! That's the best thing of this all is being together again!!!!

Well it will be nice to get out of this small hotel room!!! Been at this one since Weds and 2 of the animals are "not really here" :roll: checkout tomorrow and into our new "home" for a bit... then I can settle a bit until we find a house...

Vene: Thanks for all your support thru this all!!!

19. vene

vene New Member

You are welcome HDrydr! Hope everyone has gotten plenty of rest and is destressing. Moving into a new place is always hard to get adjusted to. Now that you are all together, that's what matters. Hang in there and take your time finding the perfect home! Hugs.

20. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Sounds like you've been through an ordeal but also sounds like the worst of it is over. I'm glad you made it there okay and all your furbabies are none the worse for wear. You are very brave. I don't I could do all that you have done.

Anyway, best of luck to all of you.