1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bolivian Ram compatibility question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by gravity, Mar 1, 2006.

1. gravity

gravity New Member

The Petsmart near my apartment is going to be getting Bolivian Rams very soon, and I want to grab them before anyone else takes them. Apparently Petsmart is updating their stock of fish and adding a LOT of new fish. They're getting Demasoni and maybe even some Moori as well. I'm going to have a 10 gallon set up with live and fake plants, and I was thinking about keeping some barbs or tetras with them. Could I keep platies with the rams or would the rams be a bit much for them?

I'm also thinking about putting another pair or group of rams in my 29g community tank, but I have a RTS in that tank. Would there be problems with mixing the rams with the RTS as far as aggression is concerned? The RTS is still pretty small and hasn't shown any aggression or territorial behavior at all. I'm hoping I can get the rams in and they can sort things out as they all grow up.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If you kept more than just a couple platies, you'd be running the risk of having an overstocked tank since the pair of rams would pretty much take up 1/2 the bioload of the tank.. Personally, I'd get a few small bottom feeders like otos (maybe 2 of them) or pygmy cories (3 or 4). You could try neons, but I'm not entirely sure how well they'd hold up against a pair of rams.

I don't think there will be any aggression issues (RTS's tend to be aggressive mainly towards their own species or similar species), but I've never actually tried it.

-Chelle

3. gravity

gravity New Member

I didn't think there'd be problems with the RTS, but figured I'd ask anyway. I already have a bunch of different platies for my community tanks, I'm just trying to figure out combos I can do with the rams.

Thanks for the help.

4. dbltrubl98

dbltrubl98 New Member

Ok what exactly is an RTS? I just am soo confused...

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Red tail shark.

[​IMG]

-Chelle

6. dbltrubl98

dbltrubl98 New Member

oh thats cool looking :D

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i have one of those :)