1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Break Away Collars

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MonsterBailey, Apr 26, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

MyBabyShih...

Have you received your breakaway collars yet for Mickey and Tigger? I was going to order one today for Bailey's birthday present (but...shhhhh, don't tell him :p ) and wanted to check with you first to see how they were doing.

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Yep, I did order them, but haven't received them just yet - I should be receiving them this week according to the delivery info.

Speaking of breakaway collars, I have a little story to share with ya':

About two weeks ago I dropped Mickey & Tigger off at the place where we go for our training classes, so they could enjoy a "Play Day" with all the other dogs that were there for day care. During a conversation I was having with one of the trainers, I noticed several dogs had on breakaway collars. So, I brought up the subject of breakaway collars, and she mentioned that breakaway collars are one of the best inventions she, along with the other trainers, had ever seen! I told her that I had ordered two from breakawaycollar.com, and she quickly replied that, "those are one of the best breakaway collar manufacturers that we know of." Sooooo, needless to say, I am very happy that I ordered from them, and should be receiving them soon! :D

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I am interested in hearing what you think of them also MyBaby :D They do sound like a great invention! I've bookmarked the website ~ Now, I wonder (pardon me for the silly question but I just don't know..) when I could get a collar like this for my babies? Should they be a certain age? :roll:

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Hi PooGirl~

I will definitely let you know how I like them! :y_the_best:

Hey, no question is a dumb one, it is always in your best interest to ask if you don't know!!! Anyhow, no, you pups don't need to be a certain age to have one on. They might grow out of the size you buy them initially, but that is all. (Although, your pups probably won't grow out of theirs, given their size, but that's not for certain, just my assumption!)

I'll let y'all know how I like the collars once I get them! :D

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Thanks, MyBabyShih!! just lemme know how it goes!! I'm sure it's going to be great! :) what colors did you order for the boys?

6. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Monster~

You bet I'll let ya' know! :y_the_best:

Let's see here, I ordered the blue one for Mickey, and the black (I know, not very colorful) one for Tigger.

They should be coming any day now! :D

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I'd ask for pictures of them in their new collars, but I'm not as dumb as I type! ar ar ar ...

and, actually, Bailey has lots of different colored harnesses and I tend to use the black one more than anything!! I am probably going to buy him a black breakaway since it's something he will have on always -- I like it to "blend"... hehe :)

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

MyBabyShih...
    I forgot to mention that i found those exact collars on eBay over the weekend! (imagine that, poogirl! eBay of all places...ar ar ar...LOL!) They're $10.99 plus 4.00 shipping.... and on all the other sites they were either 14.99 (plus 5.99 shipping) or 15.99 plus the shipping also. So, gosh, in order to save 25% I couldn't pass up the opportunity! The funny thing is I ended up making MY VERY FIRST EBAY PURCHASE (After five years of lurking around eBay!),and it was for the dang dog!! LMAO

9. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I was actually thinking the same thing! I would have, but it would probably take too long since I only have my "old fashion" camera (ya' know, the kind with film). These are times where I wish I had my digital camera again. (At one time I did have a digital camera, but due to irreconcilable differences between "it" and I, we were forced to end our short-lived "relationship." I received my DC as a gift, and it was sheer love at first sight, but for some reason or another, we failed to bond like most digital cameras and their owners do. Sadly, the relationship was terminated, and we have both moved on with our lives. My ex-digital camera no longer resides with me, but rather, with a technical savvy family member of mine. I have yet to buy a new one, but so far my good old fashion camera works fine for the time being.) LOL :mrgreen:

Oh, NOWWWWW you mention it after I already bought mine...what a friend you are! hehe :lol: (Just kiddin'...I know it would have been too late anyway). But WOW, eBay, that is incredible! GREAT DEAL though...good for you! :y_the_best:

What color did you get for Bailey?

10. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Ebay!! :eek: Um, I'm having some issues.. I typed in a search for break away collars and couldn't find any ](*,) I'm sure it's just operator error! :lol:

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

LMAO at Babyshih and her irreconcible differences :0009: with the DC! LOL I just spit (well ALMOST spit) coffee out while reading that post! :-k :) toooo funny, sillywoman! LOL (as far as color -- I bought Black for Bailey... i know, boring too! hehe)

I actually have a Kodak EasyShare Digi camera and it truly is sooooooooo EASY. (imagine that)... so if you are shopping or in the mindset of starting up another relationship (perhaps it's time to move on?), then you might want to check out the Kodak EasyShare eventually. :)

poogirl:
    http://stores.ebay.com/BestFriends-General-Store_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

This is the person/shop that i ordered the collar from on eBay. She has lots of other cute doggie stuff too! (and shipping is the same for first four items, i think). Click on the "Best Friend's General Store" search button on the left and type in "break away" (two words, it doesn't work for one) :) You'll probably want the "SMALL" size.... that's what I ordered for Bailey

12. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Thank you! :D Off to check it out..... (although I should be working...hee hee)

13. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I think I shall move on! lol I have actually been thinking about going out and getting a new one, so I'll have to take a look at the Kodak (ESPECIALLY since you said it is easy to use...I need easy after my experience with my previous DC!) :D

14. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I love my HP's .The first one I got was a present and I still miss it .But I got a new one and all is fine in the south ! LOL !

15. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Mybabyshih...
    Let me know if, and when, you are really interested. I have all kinds of info on the camera! :) (as far as research, recommendations, etc). :)

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

GUESS what I got in the mail today.... ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you believe that!?!?!)

(and no, I am not opening it or trying it on Bailey until the birthday party this weekend!) :)

17. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:eek: Yay! :eek:

Is it really Bailey's birthday this weekend? They "grow-up" too quickly! :cry: This made me start thinking (which I try not to do too often...consumes too much of my energy), Mickey & Tigger will be turning a year old in a little over a month from now! :shock:

I'm still waiting on the arrival of my collars (latest they should come is Sat.) so I am very anxious to see them, and try them out on Mickey & Tigger! :D

18. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Woohoo!!!! You'll have to take a picture of Bailey and his new collar :mrgreen:

I checked out that Ebay store where you got the collar and it's AWESOME! She has a great store, lots of things I want to buy! hee hee

I'm going to check one more local place to compare the price but I think I will get them from Ebay.. especially since the shipping is the same for 2 of them!

Tomorrow we will see our babies! And, I will have pictures to share with you guys! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

19. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Happy Birthday Bailey !!!

20. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe, yup, it's already my baby's birthday!! Actually, it's on Tuesday - May 4th..... I'm still freaking out about it! :) hehe...

Wasn't that eBay site great??? I have to say, it was an awesome <<first time eBay purchase>> experience. As you know, I got the item SUPER DOOPER FAST!!! and it came in with an adorable label (those people are definitely animal lovers) and even some free snacks/treats! (for bailey, not for me, darnit!)

and thanks for the b/d wishes, malti... i am assuming you were singing that, RRRRRRRIGHT??