1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Breeding a Fox Trotter

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Patty, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Patty

Patty New Member

I have a Missouri Fox Trotter that I would like to breed. She does not have papers. Should I only breed to a fox trotter or should I breed her to any gaited horse for the outcome to be a gaited horse? She is nine and has never been bred.

2. Smokey04

Smokey04 New Member

I'm sorry, I dont have any idea...LOL but your post caught my attention because my DH and I are fairly new to the thought of owning our own horse. We have ridden a ton with friends who have horses, but never owned our own. ANyway, we both started reading abook and at dif. times decided that a Missouri Fox Trotter is the kind of horse we would get if we could. Kind of scarey that we both think that much alike. anyway, I would love to see any pictures you have of your Fox Trotter and hear anything about her like her temperament etc......

3. ya_gotta_luv_em

ya_gotta_luv_em New Member

I have an 8yo Standardbred & i have also been considering the same thing. My horse has no papers either. If it were my horse i would consider breeding her 2 a QH or an Arab or a TB. Or a Standardbred. Just look @ a few stallions both Fox Trotter & other breeds. Morgans & Saddlebreds would mix well with a Fox Trotter. What do you plan on doing with the foal? Keeping it or selling it?

4. Patty

Patty New Member

How would I put pictures on this site? I would love to send pictures of my husbands Fox Trotter. It was suggested to breed her to another breed horse. Won't that mess up the gait in the foal? The Fox Trotter has a specific fox trot that to my knowledge no other has. That is my concern because that is what I want is that nice smooth gait. If I find the right stallion I plan to keep the foal.

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

You can use www.tinypic.com

As far as breeding her. I would stick to her breed.