1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell the sex

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by ilovebirds, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ilovebirds

ilovebirds New Member

2. Neil

Neil New Member

I have heard that the male cockatiels have much more yellow on their faces than the females. I have a male that is identical, coloring and size, to yours. He is much larger than his female partner. Males tend to be more inquisitive also. I have just learned of a neat trick when handling your birds, the redish orange spots that they have on their cheeks are very sensitive to touch. My girlfriend came home the other night, reached in the cage and got the bird out. He likes being on your finger but not held, well she put him in the palm of her hand and he went crazy. But as soon as she started rubbing his spots he went limp. Totally relaxed, feet curled up, eyes closed. I did not realize that they would act this way, It was good for a chuckle. Anyway hope I helped you out a bit.

Neil

3. Jadzia

Jadzia New Member

Sounds cute - do you have a pic? Mine loves me rubbing his face with my nose. Trouble is when he has had enough - ouch!

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi from the look of the pics you have a male and female i could be wrong as i only have normal greys which is easy to sex.

I am almost certain that the lutino is a female, Females tend to hiss alot and are usually the most agressive of the the sexes.

Male cockatiels spend alot of time singing and are very loud.

Dna sexing can help telling the sex of the bird it can be expensive but it does help find out.

Mike

5. ilovebirds

ilovebirds New Member

Thanks Mike,that would be cool,if it is a female! I have to learn alot about breeding and helping take care of baby birds. Even for my budgies.

Any one know any good books,or sites on breeding?