1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Train My hamster To Do Tricks? How?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by HamsterDude, Aug 19, 2004.

1. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

how can i train my hamster to do a trick

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

It's not always easy most tricks the hamsters learn on their own, mine knows how to open the cage and will walk around the house, come back and by morning she will be asleap next to her cage.

3. HamsterDude

HamsterDude New Member

wow thats prettty cool , the first time she did it did u look for her or u knew thats wat she did?

4. OneWolvesDream

Well it took me awhile to get used to her doing this, when she walked around the house i saw her come back and clean herself then fall asleap the other times i found carpet pulled out everywhere. She learnt how to push off the metal top to one of the connecting cages and climb out. Wher i have her downstairs for the night she will go to the stairs, climb them, walk through my sisters room (connected to mine) and into my room and fall asleap in the hamster toys in the closet. Its gotten to the point where i let her run around the room but i just have to watch her, when i am on the computer i will let her run around the desk area. nice cause the door opens in her cage and she comes running out. Oh and she also does something else, i have one of those running balls, when she is done, i open the ball open the door to the cage and she walks in the cage and goes wherever she wants. kinda cool.

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I have never known of hamster doing tricks!

6. OneWolvesDream

its a rare thing and its self tought.

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

8. hamstertrainer

hamstertrainer New Member

read me read me

:eek: :eek: :eek: i'm sitting with my hamster right now and he know how to dance :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :eek: :( :) :D :shock: :y_the_best: :wink: :p :!: :cry: 8) :?

9. NickSter7715

NickSter7715 New Member

Re: read me read me

I trained my hamster to go through some tubes that i set up, over some books, walk across a ruler, and over a mound of marbles, then into a tissue box---then he grabs this little tiny stuffed toy, and brings it all the way back through the obsticle course, and to me. Then I give him a treat. And he's not closed in while he goes through all that, he can run away between each object. It took a while for him to do all of it then bring back the toy. But, once he knew he'd get a treat, he did it REALLY fast.

-Nicole