1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Check out our latest addition

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by spencerpits, Apr 25, 2005.

1. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Here's our new little pupper! Just picked her up last night after the ABA show. Just wanted to share! [​IMG]

2. someday

someday New Member

Oh how sweet! She's pretty cute!

3. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

What an adorable little pup!
    Congratulations!

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Thank you for the compliments on her. She's a real sweetie. My hubby is falling for her hard. LOL. We've only had her about 24 hours now, but I can already see she's a very smart dog. She's doing very well with her potty training. And she uses the potty almost as soon as I set her down in the yard! We're very proud of her already! :mrgreen:

5. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

How cute :D

6. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Very cute gal! I'm a sucker for brindles.

7. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I've always had a soft spot for brindles, too! Oddly enough, if it had been just up to me, I'd have another black pup. But my son really liked this one, and after my hubby held her for a minute, he was wanting her too! That's okay though, because I was having a really hard time choosing one. They all looked and acted great! Anyway - thanks again for the compliments.

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I also wanted to ask what is ABA? It sounds vaguely famaliar, but I'm not sure. I also forgot to ask how your new girl is bred? Is it on your site, haha maybe I should check before I look stupid and ask.

9. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Haha RedBoy/Jeep its on the site duh n, the question.

10. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Yea - she is Jeep/Redboy, some of which is through Tab. ABA is the Alabama Bulldoggers Association. You may also see them referred to as the AWBA - AL Working Bulldog Association. There is also a TBA (Tennessee...) and I hear they (not sure who 'they' is) are working to put together a GBA (Georgia...). I've only been to that one ABA show, but it was great! Very well put together - lots of people - lots of dogs - lots of good times! :mrgreen: I'm already looking forward to the upcoming AADR (All American Dog Registry) fun show in NC, and an ADBA fun show here in TN. There is also a sanctioned ADBA show in NC coming up, but I don't think I'll drive 6 hours for that. From what I've heard, I'd enjoy the AADR show (which is also about a 6 hour drive) a lot more than the ADBA sanctioned shows - too much politics in ADBA sanctioned shows. At least that's what I hear. Anyway - anyone in the Southeast should check out the ABA and TBA. And for those unaware - no papers are required at fun shows.

11. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

From what you heard? I'd just ignore it, there are politics in all shows. The most political would be the UKC. I don't see why you would have problems, if you got good dogs, its only certain judges and some of these same judges are AADR judges so they are judging the same as they would in the AADR. Sometimes I hear politics as an excuse of why people don't show (not what you are saying diff from your situation) and I know they are just full of BS and lazy. If politics ruled the game I wouldn't have winning show dogs because I'm a nobody, nobody knows me or my dogs or cares to know me, all they see if a correctly conformed APBT. I would go to which ever you want to, I like both I use both registries but the standard are pretty much the same, a lot of the same dogs (so same competition) and several of the same judges. Just don't believe everything you hear. I also see more pedigrees are up. Yippy! I'm a freak for pedigrees. I see Maggies is up, with the Red Boy/Snooty blood. I like the pedigree on her. Mine are grandkids (well great grandkids that is) of Deacon ROM. She is also a proven producer? Can you give me the info on what she's put out so far? I like her weight/size too, 38lbs.

12. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

If there is an ADBA show - fun or sanctioned - near me, I'll likely go if I'm able. I've just had lots of people tell me they prefer the fun shows or the AADR sanctioned shows to the ADBA sanctioned shows. I wouldn't even consider trying to show in UKC. Way too "formal" for me. I do plan to try to attend an ADBA sanctioned show, just to see for myself. Trying to keep an open mind.

Yea - since I signed up for pedigrees online, I've tried to have everyone's pedigree up ASAP. I like the RB in Maggie - don't really know anything about the Snooty blood. Trying to learn something about it. She's a good dog overall though - so I'm happy with her. And she has a son and daughter out of her litter with Sammy that have won a few conformation ribbons. Don't recall exactly what/when off the top of my head. Jasmine seems to be a good all around dog also. Oh - and one of her daughters is in weight pull. She's placed a 2nd at least once, and probably more since I last talked to the guy who has her. Back to Jasmine - I'm planning to take her to any/all upcoming shows. I think she would do well in conformation. Anyway - to me, out of 8 pups, two have placed in conformation and one in weight pull. And I have hopes for a 4th in conformation. I think that's pretty good. ;) I may be biased for Maggie though - she's my all time favorite. :mrgreen:

13. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Guess thats ok record, just wondering, a lot of snooty in crosses to Red Boy and Eli. I know you don't have any planned breedings right now, but you have any ideas of whom or how you would breed her in the future? I'm not like a big fan of the snooty blood but there is nothing wrong with it and crossed to Red Boy makes its really nice, anything Red Boy so I'm always looking at other kennels to see what they have and what I might want to aquire. I understand those all time fav dogs...hehe Also what is her reg. I know you use a couple or few diff ones? You can just PM or whatever to send me any info about them. Sometimes I can't remember who's who and registered with which registry. Guess I shoulda PM'd you instead but I already typed this out. So just hit me back either way.

14. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Sent you a PM, True_Pits.