1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Check this out, need I say more!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Samsintentions, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

2. Sara

Sara New Member

The Media?

At first I thought the subculture was going to be the media...but I guess not... IMO the media is to blame by perpetuating myths about breeds of dogs that make them look like they may be a good buy for those of the "subculture" wanting the toughes junk yard dog around... It's rediculous... All of it is utter rediculousness.

I noticed on the AKC site for the Am Staff that it's helping the APBT out in the "myth"...stating that they are good for protection.

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

My thoughts exactly! You'd think they'd know that they are horrible guard dogs. A friend of mine has a pitt. He thinks that by putting him in the front yard it would scare off robbers and such. Truth is, the dog would probably hold the door open for them and help them with the VCR!!!

He uses him for the wrong reason. (to scare people off) but everyone that knows the dog LOVES him. HE might lick you to death though.....

4. Sara

Sara New Member

Deterrant

I spose any dog would work as a deterrant...but for actual guarding...the APBT isn't known for it...and I can't beleive teh AKC even mentioned it in their standard... It's pretty irresponsible if you ask me.... It's all about $$$$ I guess.

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I think what was said in the ForPitsSake link pretty much sums it up.