1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

confused about new birds

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by kelligurl82, Apr 5, 2007.

1. kelligurl82

kelligurl82 New Member

Hi have a new budgie, and an old budgie. The boy is very hostile, his cere is very swollen. He also is very aggressive. His mate died, and since then he is very lonely. I brought her home today and gave her her own cage. He is acting very weird. Like he is flying towards my head. I just took his mirrors out of his cage, because I think this is why his cere is swollen, and then he started dive bombing me! help! any advice?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I have never liked mirrors in cages as they can actually drive birds insane because they chat and flirt with the mirror and get aggitated and protective over it.

His cere should not be swollen, I would say if its swollen then he needs to see an avian vet.

The new birds cage should be kept away from his but still in view of him for about 30days to make sure she has no illnesses that can pass onto him.

He could be flying at you as he is annoyed that you have removed his mirror which he will have started to think was his mate..

Sorry i could not be more help

Mike

3. kelligurl82

kelligurl82 New Member

Now its the next day.....

thanks. He's definately mad at me. I took him to the doctor and they said it's from him constantly pecking at the mirror, and I should just let it heal. I think he is crazy. She is fine, but last night he tried to feed her, and this morning, he tried to bite her. I don't know. Maybe me being in the room makes it worse?

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi glad he is ok.
    How long have you had the new bird as your old bird should not come into contact with her for atleast 30days from the day you brought her home.

Male birds are funny creatures one minute they are all loving and friendly to a mate then all of a sudden they become snappy, this is more common when he is trying to show her that he would make a good mate and she does not like him...

It could also be he is wanting to breed and she does not and he is getting moody about it

Mike