1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Could someone recommend a body lotion

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by sunset05, Apr 20, 2005.

1. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm trying to find a nice scented after bath type lotion that is not too strong.

I don't like perfumes and heavy scents and have wasted money trying different things.

Can anyone recommend a light scented lotion that is not overpowering?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I cant stand smells, I am allergic to most perfumes, but i do like vaseline intensive cares, it has a light scent

and Nivia, which is a little stronger, bit mild enough for my senses

honeybear

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I have perfume allergy so I know how you feel. I really like the smell of Curel lotion (assuming you have it in the US??).

4. vene

vene New Member

Aveeno is very mild, hypoallergenic, and does not have a greasy feel. It works great on babies' skin and on adults too. I like Curel too.

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Sounds like some good ideas to try. I didn't think of regular types of lotions.
    I do have Aveeno and like it very much but it has no scent.

I was thinking of having something I could use for special occassions that would have mild scent.

I'll have to try your suggestions. Thanks. :)

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I would look for something like a cucumber lotion. I would try bath and body works

7. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Bath and Body Works has some very nice stuff but it is usually a little strong for me and some of the scents seem to go sour on my skin, if you know what I mean...I think is is a chemistry thing.

A lot of the stronger scents bother my nose...I think I am allergic to them.

I'll have to look into the cucumber scent. Thanks for your suggestions.

:p

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

bath and body works does have some strong stuff :shock: those perfumy smells, but I find a nice cucumber one there.

9. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I forgot to add I think its a chemistry thing for me too, because sometimes I will like a perfume somone is wearing, I try it on and it is so different

10. Bente

Bente New Member

Isn't that why you should always try on a perfume and leave it on for a whole day before you buy it? I never do that, but I think I've read it somewhere.

11. horse_child

horse_child New Member

cotton blossom from bath and baody works is a nice smell too, i use the body spray, enough so you can smell it, but not overpowering.

12. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm liking all of your suggestions. I think I'm going to be pretty busy sniffing scents when I'm at the stores.

I have heard that too, Bente, about trying the scent before you buy it to see how it reacts with your skin and I have done that, although some places don't have testers that you can try so that can be hard.

I remember returning a lotion to the grocery store that smelled good in the bottle but didn't smell so good on me when I used it at home. They took it back. I was sort of surprised but happy that they let me return it.

When I go to Bath and Body Works I'll try the ones suggested first before I buy one.

13. someday

someday New Member

I'm also very sensitive to perfumes...I don't wear them at all..but I do get some lotions from bath and body works that I like. Cucumber melon is great and coconut lime verbena is nice too....they have a scent, but aren't strong. I tried the rice flour and shea because there was very little smell to it, but it ended up smelling weird on my skin.

14. pomlover

pomlover New Member

I love to wear warm vanilla sugar lotion from Bath and Body. It is a bit strong though. My husband can always tell when I put it on. My 10 year old daughter has now started using it. She says it smells so good. :wink: I also like the cucumber melon ones.

15. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I also have scent issues and I love Meredith Baxter Birney's line of lotions....gentle fragances and a portion of the money goes to breast cancer research AND NO ANIMAL TESTING

16. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

17. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

That sounds interesting, Mary. Thanks for the link. I'll go and check it out. Can you only get these products on line? Do they carry them in retail stores?
    :p

18. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I originally found them in a little candle shop in MAine but I've never seen them anywhere else...I hate to buy online but I have this product and haven't had a problem

19. sexygirl

sexygirl New Member

20. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm a little hesitant to order a lotion on line since you can't test it first.

If fact, I did decide to order the Meridith Baxter stuff that Mary_NH recommended. I just got it a couple of days ago. It smells very pretty but my nose is having trouble with it. It think it will be just a little too strong for me. I will try to use just a small amount of it and see what happens.

Oh well, I guess I'm still in persuit for the perfect mild scent.
    :?