1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Could this just be stress for my cat?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by scorcherz, Apr 23, 2010.

1. scorcherz

scorcherz New Member

I have 2 cats and a dog. We got a new kitten about 4 days ago.
    One of my cats stopped eating, drinking, he vomited about 2 times today once time it was a brown liquid with a bit of food in it and the other was clear white liquid. The other animals are fine. I would say he's about 9 months maybe.
    He doesn't seem to dislike the kitten like my other cat. He hissed at first but then played with him a bit. Now he's been like this for about a day now. He was sleeping alot yesterday but today now I haven't seen him eating or drinking and he vomited about 2 times.
    I had another cat before who was stressed after I took him to petsmart ,atleast I think he was stressed, then didn't eat, drink and slept for about 2 days but he ended up fine. Only thing was he didn't vomit. So could this be stress or something more serious?
    I don't have the money right now for a vet so I'm hoping it's just stress.

Update Friday: Today he went outside and came back to drink but he's not eating. I'm hoping that's a good sign that he's drinking again. And the vomiting seems to have stopped since last night.

2. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

Sounds like stress to me

I had fourcats, one passed Friday morning, so now I have three. All were rescue cats with various illness and injury when I obtained them.

When I introduced a new cat to the family I let it stay in one room for a night, then I allowed the others to stay in that room for a night. They became accustomed to each others smell and they played with each other almost instantally with the exception of one time. My big tom cat Maus, got stressed when I brought Angus McRusty home from the vet. He vomited twice and stayed under the bed for a couple of days.

If this continues , however, I would make a vet visit just to be sure your cat is not really sick.

3. scorcherz

scorcherz New Member

I'm so sorry about your cat.
    And thank you for the reply. I am taking my Little Bear to the vet to check him out. He's been drinking alot, meowing a bit and purring so I'm hoping he's feeling better but yeah I'm making him an appointment for tomorrow.

4. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

Please let me know how the Vet visit go's

Hi Again,

Keep me informed on how the Vet visit turns out for your cat. I know most people look at Vet trips as a big uneeded expense, but I spent a little over $3000.00 on my cat Sassy and would do it all over again. I'm still mourning her loss and I will miss her greatly. I just don't want you to go through that sadness with yours.

Kenimet

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Kenimet soo sorry to hear about your loss!! It is never easy to loose a furbaby!! You have a kind heart to adopt rescues!!

6. scorcherz

scorcherz New Member

I'm sorry again for your cat.
    I know how it feels to lose one. 3 years ago my ragdoll Faith ended up having cancer and I had to put her down. Sadest thing I had to do.

Luckily Little Bear was fine the vet said. He's eating like a pig again. We don't know what was wrong with him though.
    I would spend $3000 on my pet. They are family after all.

7. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

Glad to hear your cat is eating again

Hello,

I was just checking up on your cat. So glad it's eating again and seems to be healthy. I miss my Sassy so much , but I wouldn't want her back unless she could enjoy health. I hope all is well with you and your pets.

Kenimet