1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Curious behaviour needs answers please

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

My Ringneck spends a vast amount of time playing with a bell he managed to break off one of his toys, and a plastic container which he pushes and throws all over the house. Every now and again, he almost looks like he is stalking the bell, spreads his wings and tiptoes around the bell, his eyes get a blue film over them and all of a sudden he attacks it, flings it around and starts all over again. I assume he is playing, but is there some meaning to his behaviour, or is my little man just having fun. Oh by the way is sugar-free peanut butter ok to give to birds??????

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Sounds to me you little guy has created his own game and seems to be having fun.
    I dont think he has a problem or anything wrong just shows he is using his brain to learn things.

I do not feed peanut butter due to the high fat content but i know some people that do and there birds are fine, Mind you they only give there birds it as a treat 3 times per week and its only a small amount.

Mike

3. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Bird is becoming nasty

Will a bird turn on it's owner, or do they just become so involved in a specific toy that if you try and take it away they will turn on you. my ringneck has become rather nasty if i try and play with him and his toy, he will actually go for my fingers, and he bites me sore. He also will try and get me at nite, when i'm about to cover him. It's the only time he does this and during the day has no problem with me putting my hands in the cage, and is quite happy to jump onto my hand, but i cannot put my hands near the cage at bedtime, Why???

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

It looks like a "possesion" thing, its his, and dont come near it...
    He's claimed it, and does not want to share...
    My budgie was like that with one of her toys, believe it or not..
    Guess what it was, a peg, lol, a normal clothes peg...
    :shock: :shock:

If he is getting to the stage where he is aggressive with you over it, then take it away IMO...