1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Deathly afraid of Spiders

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by RoWdY, May 31, 2005.

1. RoWdY

RoWdY New Member

I live out in the country and should've expected spiders but this is too much. They're building new houses all around me now and I think maybe it's causing more of them to be everywhere with the ground being dug up all over.

I know they are living things, I know they are beneficial for killing other insects but man oh man... I just can't take it anymore.

I get sick from even looking at them. These are HUGE brown spiders. Not in the house but on my porch. I'm afraid to even walk inside or outside anymore.

I've read that they have to be sprayed directly to be killed and let me tell you. I am NOT getting close enough for that. There's no spray that would have a lasting effect? Even pest control companies say they are hard to get rid of. I can't afford a pest control company anyway.

I'm at my wits end.

Any home remedies for this little (huge) predictament?

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I wish I knew of some way to get rid of them. I'm terrified of spiders too. I get panic attacks when I see them in the house and actually had to call my husband at work once because I had never seen one this big before.

Thankfully, Artemis eats them so (or at least kills them)!

3. Bente

Bente New Member

I don't like spider either, I have nightmares that their in my bed/bedroom all the time. In fact, I had one last night. I dreamt I saw a huge spider running over the wall towards me. He was coming to "get me". I screamed , jumped out of bed and ran in to the kitchen. My bf had to check under my pillow and behind the bed before I would come back to bed :oops:

I don't think we get as big ones here in Norway, but living in a basement apartment, they're everywhere when the fall comes... :? What I do is to spray strong detergents (i have no idea if that is the right word. You know, stuff you use to clean the house with, like chlorine) on the outside of the house. Around windows, valves (?) and other places those creeps like to hang out. Maybe not the most effective way, but the only thing I can think of... You would have to do it quite often for it to have any effect though.