1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a favorite fish?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Kirk, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Is there a fish that you own that you like more than any other? If so then lets hear about it! I mean individual fish you have not species.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hmmm....flwoerhorns are my favorite and idk about an individual one out of the guys i have b/c all of their personalities vary.......one of them will come to the glass when i walk by, another will give me troouble when im cleaning the tank by repeativly charging my hand and biting everything else....and yet another one will let me do whatever in the tank and pet him and stuff.............hard to say, but i like all of them for their own personalities, cant figure out my favorite.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

My 4 favorite fish (shhh! don't tell the others) would have to be Sherbert (oscar), Murphy (male betta), Curly (male kenyi), and Ozzy (fantail goldfish). They just seem to have a lot more personality than any of my other fish.

Sherbert has the typical "interact with their owner" oscar personality. She's not the least bit subtle about telling me she's hungry or angry and she actually watches TV. Curly attacks my hand any time I put it in the tank and he dances with me if I move my finger around on the glass. He also likes to rearrange and push rocks and snails all over the tank. Murphy is always watching me and flaring at me. And Ozzy is just a big goofball.

-Chelle

4. BeatrixMom

BeatrixMom New Member

Moby my Betta, who sadly just passed on this week at over 4 years of age. He was a tough little guy. He had quite a personality and his best friend was Walter, the mystery snail. My 3 panda corydoras and just the most fun little fellows. I just love them to pieces!

5. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

My fave right now is probably my dwarf gourami Foster. He's a lot friendlier and has more personality than my other fish.

Before him I had a betta that would eat pellets from your finger and would come to the top of the tank for you to scratch him. He would probably be my all time fave.

6. DUCKLE-BUM

DUCKLE-BUM New Member

It has be my Oscar (Pablo!) happy, grumpy, sulky, hungry....just like a dog, but without the walks :D

7. halinar

halinar New Member

I'm just getting back into my aquariums again but I currently have 3 panda cats that are just too funny. As they are swimming all around the tank doing what they do I just get the Benny Hill theme song stuck in my head as I watch them.

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

my oscar oscar lol yes i named my oscar oscar

10. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

My favorites are three glass cats; Mr, Skinny, and Bones. I can't tell them apart, so they're all just Mr. Skinny Bones.

11. M_wm

M_wm New Member

My favorites are my 2 angel fish they come up to the glass to see me when i feed them. I like my little con alot to! That video is sweet :y_the_best: I want to get africans and sell my JD's
    Ive been growin this guy out scince he was so small you couldnt even tell what he was I got him off a friend I had two but this one went postal one night and killed her/his tank mate
    [​IMG]
    When i got him
    [​IMG] :)

12. Used

Used New Member

My favorite fish is my scooter blenny in my 55 sw named scooter. what an unique name lol. He is so funny and is the best fish ever. :eek:

13. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

great video tchelle perfect example for africans mine are the same they are so cool

14. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

I have a pair of favorites, my blue tang Bria, and my True percula clownfish Odie, they swim everywhere together and are inseperable (usually hanging out by one of my intakes because Odie hosts it like an anenome! hahah)

15. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I just lost Curly (the big yellow african in the video) last night. He'd been the dominant fish in that tank for a long time, then he lost that position over night (not sure what happened) and got badly beaten up. I removed him so he could heal and put him back yesterday but he still was exceptionally passive. I checked on him a few hours later and he was dead. :(

-Chelle

16. tski22

tski22 New Member

Sorry to hear that Chelle. I know he was one of your favorites to. :( -tl

17. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i am sorry to hear that

18. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks.

I did happen to find a small male kenyi while out looking for neons & albino auratus's yesterday. I actually have 4 of Curly's offspring, but I think they're all female and I need another male. This guy was already in the middle of changing colors and now that I have him in the quarantine tank, he's completely yellow so I know for sure he's male. He was the feistiest of the bunch and last night he actually danced with me a little like Curly used to do. I think he should fit in quite nicely.

-Chelle

19. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

sounds good....make sure to keep us updated on the new guy.....any name for him yet?

20. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member