1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

dog food

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by slikric8, Mar 29, 2004.

1. slikric8

slikric8 New Member

I'm thinking of switching my puppys food from science diet to the raw meat diet? Had someone tell me not to feed him raw meet because it would bring up there biting instinct? Is this true?

2. nern

nern New Member

No, that is absolutely false. I don't feed the raw diet but there are other members here that do and I'm sure they will have further info. for you.

3. slikric8

slikric8 New Member

thank u for your help

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I'm not educated enough on the subject to tell you whether or not you should feed your dog *raw* meat, regardless of the reason. However, I don't see why it would bring out their *biting instict*. But I'm certainly no expert of the breed or canine nutrition in general. If you have researched on the subject of feeding your dog raw meat, and there is no other reasons that you have found that you shouldn't feed your dog raw meat, then I don't see why it would be a problem. Personally, I think that somebody is full of crap with their "it'll bring out their *biting instinct*" But again, I'm no expert in the breed or doggie nutrition/learning habits/etc. Sorry I couln't be of any real help to you, but I do think that someone is giving you a line of crap.

5. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

LOL! It took me so long to type my reply that 'nern' had already replied and you had already thanked her before I was even done with my response. Sorry - I'm a slow thinker/typist.

6. Jas

Jas New Member

Hello and welcome to the boards! :D

Raw & Biting - Definitely a myth!

Our wonderful Maisey started a topic in our old forum called:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

This is the link to the thread, which has numerous links to various foods, feeding raw/kibble... as a means of an informative post. http://www.auspet.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001310.html have a read through.

There is a lot of information on the web about feeding raw, which is a diet that involves more than just feeding "meat". There are also many books written on the raw diet. Mine have been eating raw and thriving on it for years, and no biters here! :D