1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dog Park - first timer!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MonsterBailey, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

*STOP THE PRESSES* ALERT THE MEDIA*

Bailey went to his VERY FIRST DOG PARK TODAY!!!!! Woooohoooo!!! :-k \:D/
    Little did I know that there was a "Woof Park" about 20 minutes away from us. I loved it and I think he did too! Since it was his "first time" and all, we decided on the "timid/small dog" section... hehe.....I think he did "okay" -- but was actually surprised at how shy he was! My little friendly-to-anyone-baby was such a timid little thing, I couldn't believe it. Normally he is a runner and would take off if he didn't have his leash on, but not today!! He wouldn't leave my side and even stayed under my chair most of the time --- oh, and he even showed jealousy when I was petting the other doggies. :lol: Although, I hear that his shyness is very normal for first timers -- he obviously just has to get used to it. All the other mommies and daddies were telling me that he was doing very good. LOL.... I wanted him to get out there and go wild! \:D/
    OH! My only complaint was the "big stud" dog (I think he was a dachsund) that was there looking for love -- and it didn't matter if you were a boy or girl doggie! ugh.... [-X It was non-stop and I, personally, was getting peeved his mommy/daddy didn't come and stop him. arghhhhh.....Someone needed to get his hormones in check!!

Anyhow, of course I took pics of his big day for his little scrap book....lol (I'm so pathetic!)...... so here I am sharing. The first pic was the beginning of the day, the last pic was the end! :) I can't wait to go again next weekend!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

:eek: GREAT for you and for Bailey .Picts are adorable but watch out for large biting dogs ! LOL !

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I am glad you guys had fun!! :eek: I so wish we had a dog park closer to home. The only one I know of is about an hour away. He looks like two diff dogs in those pics. A shy doggie and then BAM full of energy doggie!

4. dbuzzw

dbuzzw New Member

Glad you had such a great time, Monster Bailey. I'm ready to take my 2 back, but I think I'd better wait until closer to "grooming day". Baxter got so dirty last time! He had twigs stuck all over his hair. I had to bathe him when I got home, and for some reason, when I bathe him it messes up the texture of his hair and he gets much more prone to mats. I think it has to do with blow-drying afterwards - he won't sit still for me.

Let me know how Bailey does next time. I'll be curious to see if he loosens up some. Maybe Graysie (MY wild child) will be more active next time too!

Diane

5. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Oh my god, those pictures are awesome! You just crack me up when you tell your stories.. you pick the funniest emoticons to illustrate what you are saying and I am always in tears laughing! :lol:

I'm glad that Bailey enjoyed his first day at the doggie park!

6. sandangel

sandangel New Member

:eek:

HAHAHAHHA
    The pictures say it all from beginning of day until end !

SOOOOOO CUTE!

7. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Well CONGRATULATIONS to Bailey for surviving his very first dog park visit!!! :eek:

He may have been a little timid at first, but after a few visits I can pretty much guarantee that he will be his normal outgoing self with all the other pups!!! :D

(* To encourage/promote Bailey's getting out there and playing behavior, give Bailey a little treat here and there when he is out playing and socializing nicely!)

Great pics by the way, it looks like Bailey was enjoying himself at the end! :idea:

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe, malti the large dogs are in another section, but I'll tell you there were two rat terriers that were "bully-ing" some of the other dogs, and they got booted!! They were told they had to go to the other section! ha ha -- I think I heard Bailey sneer a "neener neener"... but I'm not positive.

Dbuzz: I'm sure Bailey (and Graysie) will both warm up. I can't imagine him hiding under the shyness crap for long! LOL.... There was this one maltese (SUGAR) that was soooooo frickin cute! She kept coming up to him, barking and then runnin away. She'd stop and look back and see if he caught the clue and chased her..... but he never fell for it. THE MORON!! hellooooooooo romeooooooooooooo...... go get your juliette...... sheesh.

Poogirl: You'll be telling stories just the same! just watch! :) i have a feeling you'll be just as pathetic as me..... lol

BabyShih: I never even thunked about the treats!! Great idea.... derrrrr! I'm already planning a trip back there this weekend, so we'll try that out.

9. ilovemaltipoos

hehe...I was just joking ,I know they keep them seperate .2 rats huh ? Did you try salt ? LOL !
    Anyway Bailey could have his pick of the girls ,he is just checking them all out ....I mean why settle for the first one that puts it in his face ? Let the boy alone ! Geez...Maybe he is looking for something a little bit sexier ...like a Maltipoo perhaps ??!!! LOL !

10. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

okay, it's official.... i've lost it!! I just busted out laughing... way, way outloud and Mr. Bailey shot me the dirtiest look. Apparently I interrupted his nap!! LOL

That's just downright funny!

You are too much, Malti-joe! and, yes I agree... maltipoos are adorable!!! Send me one! :) he he he.....
    The little white maltese that was at the park was toooooo cute! I wanted to keep her! We made a date for the two to see each other again :) I think she was playing hard to get! Anyhow, I have always loved malteses... they have the best faces!! Then I saw an episode of "the newlyweds" on MTV a few weeks ago and there was this guy trying to sell them a maltese for $2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a brrrreak. Let me point out that they lived in the g-g-g-g-g-ghhh-etto! :) So hmmmmm.... think someone was capitalizing on the situation? LOL.....

11. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Lol. Your post was great MonsterBailey. You're very amusing. I enjoyed reading your post and those great pics to go along with it.

12. ilovemaltipoos

You are right there Monster ,Maltese are just the most adorable little things ...and they got 'personality " too .
    'I AM KING or QUEEN OF THE WORLD " ...Peks are the same ,the way they carry that body load in regal style .."I may be heavy but I am hot stuff " and then the Poodle walks in with the nose in the air and is haunty "Someone just touched me ....ooooohhhhh!!" I love em all !
    2000.00 !!!!!!!!!!! ,did it have gold teeth and lay golden eggs ?

PS...which one you want ? LOL !!!!!!

13. figgy

figgy New Member

Awsome!!!!

Bailey is adorable... We have a doggie park too. I haven't taken Pebbles & Bam-Bam yet, just waiting for them to get their final series of shots, which is next month.

After reading your post, there's just no way I can pass on trying out the doggie park. Thanks for sharing the positive experience you & Bailey had. I didn't realize the parks were seperated for small, and large breeds.

Makes me feel alot better knowing that, considering Pebbles & Bam-Bam are a mere 2.5 and 3 pound Yorkies :lol: I'm really looking forward to going, now!! :idea:

14. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

MonsterBailey~

I too saw that episode of "Newlyweds" and when I heard the breeder mention the $2000 price tag I almost pulled a "President Bush choking on a pretzel" moment! WOW!!! :shock:

My gosh, Bailey isn't even a year old, and you are already hookin' him up with female dogs...what is this world coming to! LOL :lol:

15. ilovemaltipoos

I can't get over it either Shihpoo ...Hooking that cute little guy up like that !
    What is our Monster doing anyway ! LOL ...Although I think it is better than hooking him up with the males ....Still ??????????
    I did choke ,I think on my popcorn !!!

16. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

OK ~ so this post got me thinking about doggie parks.... well, would you believe me if I said there appears to be no doggie parks here! :cry:

Who will my little shih poos play with (besides hubby & I of course)?! :cry:

17. ilovemaltipoos

I thought you were getting 2 . :?: The little doggie across the street maybe ,there are more than apt a few in your neighborhood that have smal dogs ..more than apt after walking a few times ,you will find a playmate .Also ,ask at your vet if anyone has small dogs close to you ,they may can help hook you up with a playmate ,just a thought .

18. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Don't worry about it PooGirl, we don't have any dog parks here either (well, within a decent driving distance), but Mickey & Tigger have PLENTY of opportunities to play with other dogs. All of my neighbors have dogs (big and small), so Mickey & Tigger get to play with them. The training school that Mickey & Tigger attend has play times. Friends and family are always coming over with their dogs, and Mickey & Tgger go to other homes for play dates. And then there is my groomer...when I bring Mickey & Tigger to my groomer's home to be groomed, she has her own dogs for Mickey & Tigger to play with, and often times there are other dogs there for grooming as well. :eek:

So, as you can see, you don't necessarily need a dog park in order for your dogs to be able to play with other dogs!!! :D

19. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Chessmind:
    Thanks for the compliment. :oops: Glad I can make you laugh and I glad-er that you like Bailey's pictures. I have a million of 'em. See what happens when you don't have your own kids??? You turn into a freak show..... I'm hear to prove i -- with free admission and popcorn for malti to choke on. =D>
    I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoy the boards.... they are SHEER ENTERTAINMENT! I love reading what people say/think about their dogs....So, of course, sometimes I just have to jump in too! :idea:

Malti:
    Two words: "No *&^#" (self censorship there) on the golden eggs and teeth comment. Again, I think the guy was just trying to rip them off considering they have money!! It was pathetic and I thought it gave reputable breeders a bad rap, that's for sure! Now we're down to one word..... "ghetto" =;

Figgy:
    Your little pebbles and bam-bam are soooo frickin cute!! :D I looooooved the dogster sites.... the one pic of bam bam on the corner/stairs is priceless. Don't yorkies have the best little expressions!? Bailey has dogster too.... we'll have to "hook up the gang" as pup pals, k?! 8)

Now, girls.... Just because Bailey and Sugar have a (((insert air quotes here))) date doesn't mean mommy is going to let the cat out of the bag (errrrrr so to speak)..LOL... besides, Sugar's parents were a billion years old and I don't particularily want to hear "OH NOOOOOOOOOOO MY SUGAR!!!!!!! OOOOOH NOOOOOOOO STOP HIMMMMMMMMMMM..... somebody sssssssssstop him" it'll just ruin the mood! :mrgreen:

here is an old pic of Bailey from a few months ago, thought you'd get a kick out of it! Look how INNOCENT HE LOOKS! HA!

[​IMG]

20. ilovemaltipoos

Monster ,I didn't see the show ,I never get to watch TV ...get the news and weather from the computer ...LOL ! anyway I didn't mean anyting bad but that I thought you said he was from the ghetto and selling Maltese for 2000.00 or they were from the ghetto and he was trying to get their money ? Anyway ,when I saw 2000.00 I thought "Lord have Mercy on that man and help that baby dog ! and had popcorn in my mouth and choked for real .I couldn't help but think of gold when a man goes up to someone and tries to sell them a maltese or any other dog for that amount .It is like trying to sell someone the Brooklyn Bridge .The Cotons and Havenese are high as heck but someone like that does give breeders a bad rap .
    Is this a new reality show ? I hear about them from my friends and neighbors and kids but never watch them .I have watched one once and that was Ozzie ...He is a nut case !
    Anyway ,sorry if I upset you ,was just I was surprised on that one and tried to make light of it ,actually thought you might be joking .Sorry again .

PS...WHy is Bailey in jail ? LOL ! He is so cute there ,but he is cute nomatter what !