1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ducks questions . .

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by AnnaBelle, Aug 31, 2005.

1. AnnaBelle

AnnaBelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have ducks here? I have 4, 3 muscovies and 1 mallard. 2 of the muscocies are already grown but the other 2 are babies and they have really bonded. My Q is if you think that the muscvie baby and the mallard baby will always bond even when they get older, or do you think the muscovie baby will start hanging out with the grown muscovies soon? I don't want my mallard baby to fill left out or anything Thanks Guys!

2. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

I grew up on a farm with ducks, I now live in Las Vegas. One year for Easter I got a duck.. a white duck I don't remember the names of breeds. But she was the only white duck and a group of Mallards would let her hang out with them. There's a chance that will happen with your ducklings. Especially if they are already bonded. Just keep an eye on them as they mature.

3. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

I agree with CosmicPixie, animals are amazingly adaptive. As long as they were raised together you shouldn't have any problems, just keep an eye on them.

4. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Have you ever gone to a bird sanctuary or petting zoo? You'll notice all the ducks, geese, even swans tend to all hang out together. You shouldn't have any problems.

We had a lot of ducks when I was a kid. Aside from the "I saw that first" squabbles, we never had a problem with the different ducks not getting along.

By the way, I adore Muscovies. I love that panting hiss they make.