1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Emotional support needed!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Kathy74, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

We had to rush Serene to the vet at 6:30am. I'm crying, a mess, Jersey's crying and lost without her Bean. Last night Serene threw up, but was keeping down fluid, so I checked on her alot, went to bed and got a couple of hours sleep. As soon as I woke up, I ran to their room as I didn't hear anything, and that's not normal! She had vomitted blood and was just lying there. I don't know what to do!!! I know she's in good hands at the vet clinic here. They know they can run every test...we'll find the money. Serene is the first dog I've had in my life. Adopting her changed who I am as a person, and I can't bear the thought of anything happening to her!

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok, First of all, Take a DEEP breath.... You need to calm down a bit. The vet is going to take very good care of him.

You need to remember before she/he was vomiting, what did he eat? Did he get into anything? Is he uptod date on all vaccinations?

When did all this start? Has he had bloody diareah?

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Hang in there, we all know exactly how you feel and what Serene means to you. How old is she? What other symptoms has she presented?

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

will be sending positive thought out to your dog...and to you. Please let us know how she does

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Kathy you and Serene will be in my thoughts and prayers.

6. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Right she is in good hands. . If it's cureable then all will be done to do that. Did she eat anything sharp?

7. horse_child

horse_child New Member

you guys are in my thoughts. Now did she eat anything toxic? Do you have decon laying around?

8. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

Now that she's out of the woods, and I've calmed down, I can explain better! Last night, she was completely normal until about 7pm. She vomitted once and was kind of quiet, but was keeping down fluids, so I was going to take her in first thing this morning. I stayed up half the night checking on her, all was fine, so I went to bed for a couple of hours. Woke up at 6 am, and no noise coming from their room, so I went running! I thought she was gone for a second, as she didn't even lift her head when I got to her room. Half of the floor was covered in slimy liquid with blood in it. Greg described it to the vet as the color of liquid from defrosted meat, which was pretty accurate. Greg had to carry her to the truck b/c she was so weak. They got her started on IV, did bloodwork and x rays. Her white count was really low, so they think it is some sort of weird infection. I just got back from visiting her, and she wagged her tail and kissed me. I brought her blankie and her favorite toy and she settled down nicely before I left. In the morning, they are going to give her a little water, and if that goes well, maybe a little food. It absolutely killed me to have to go to work today, but unfortunately not everyone realizes that pets should be loved like children. I knew everyone here would understand and I want ot thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted on her progress!

9. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry to hear about Serene. I can understand how worried you must be. You and Serene will be in my thoughts. Hopefully everything will be just fine. Keep us posted.

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

An infection should be easily dealt with, Unless her imunities are not good. But it should work out.,

11. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

Serene came home about an hour ago!! She was able to keep food down this morning, so they said she could come home. It seems to have been some sort of virus from what they can see as her bloodwork was fine this morning. They said to keep a close eye on her for a couple of days and sent her home with some canned food that is very gentle to digest. We're having a quiet day today, no ball just tons of cuddles! Jersey was so happy to have her Bean back! She's been so lost for the last 24 hrs, but life is good cuz all the kids are home again!!!

12. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Kath74: Glad to hear Serene is home and feeling better. Whatever the virus was, it must have been a nasty one.

Enjoy your weekend with all your kids!

13. nakoma_star

nakoma_star New Member

good good

that is good news im glad the dog is doing better and i hope she stays well do you have any pics of her? she sounds like a wonderful dog but as ive always said any animal is wonderful :)

14. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thank the good lord she is doing better. Give her a hug for me. :eek: :eek:

15. nern

nern New Member

I'm glad that she is doing better and was able to come home. :eek:

16. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Glad to hear Serene is doing better.

17. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:eek: :eek: Thank goodnes! I am so glad to hear your baby is home!

18. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

We played ball a little last night, and went for a very short walk this morning. Other than seeming a little tired, she's back to her old self!

19. GinaH

GinaH New Member

What great news! :m12: