1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling sad so depressed

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by lil96, May 31, 2006.

1. lil96

lil96 New Member

I am so sad, because I lost my job Friday. I feel like I put so much effort and really gave my job everything for the past year. It jsut makes me so depressed. I feel like I could have been doing so much more, if I hadn't been working at this miserable job. Like before I was working there, I was in school and if I would have stayed in school, I would have finished up everything, but I thought this was a better to work and save money, then later go to school in GErmany where it is free when we move back at the end of this year. So I put school off.
    I put my personal life on hold, because I had to be at work at 5:30 am, so my sleeping schedule was totally wrecked and I never saw anyone, never had any fun. This isolated me and made me very depressed, which made everythign seem worse. I was always too tired or too stressed from work to ever relax.
    My boss told me never to report overtime hours, so I would work until i got everything done without getting paid. (I feel so stupid!)
    And the stress-- the stress caused me to have medical problems, which if I hadn't started to change things could have lead to cancer!
    But things had started to get better the past few weeks, my schedule changed, and things got a lot better.
    Until I asked for a raise, which had been promised memonths ago. They told me they were tired of me bringing it up that I didn't get my raise so they were ending my assignment.
    I feel so stupid for working so hard for them. I wish I hadn't worked so hard, then i wouldn't feel liked they duped me into thinking this was going to be a good job. I am just so upset with myself! My husband keeps trying to get me to think about the positives, like that it wasn't that great of a job and now I have time to work on all the different projects I have, spend more time with Luther and Dale, maybe start working on hearing the pitter patter of little feet (with no fur on them). But I feel like such a loser, because they let me go!
    Thanks for reading, I am hoping I snap out of this.
    I feel like when I was younger and would break up with a boyfriend or soemthing. I feel like i lost some good friends (the other girls at the office), it makes me think they were never friends to begin with, why did I open up to them. it is just so depressing to me :(

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

((((hugs)))). Try to hang in there. I'm sure things will get better. Don't let depression take hold of you. Try to follow your husband's advice and try to think positive. Tomorrow is another day.

The sun will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar......tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, it's only a day away. (I love that song from the musical Annie). Hope this cheers you a little. :)

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Lil, look on tehe bright side, They did you a favor!. I have been in your shoes. This happened to me several years ago. I have never been fired from a job until this time. It was horrible. I went into a deep funk, couldnt get myself out of bed, didnt want to do anything, I felt like a total failure because I gave it my all., I thought I did a great job, I was ebarrassed to lose my job. My company was bought and I came with it. I did a great job, The just didnt want me. I had a friend get me out walking, etc. that really helped

I look back on that time and think now how stupid/silly I was for letting place make me feel so miserable for months.

As for friends, I knew something was wrong, I hung out with these girls after work, going out, lunch at work and then BAM, they stopped asking me to join them, so when they would all be leaving for lunch not asking me or talking about meeetin after work without me. I would cry, this wnet on for severl months and the the AX fell. Another thing I look back on, they were never my friends. Why did I let them get to me.

So get out, take Luther for a walk. sign up for summer school, maybe something fun like Art. I recently took a watercolor class and never realizing how much I would enjoy it.

As for working hours and not getting paid, I would turn that in to your state, since that is illegal. And no you were not stupid, working those hours. you took pride in getting your workldone. We have all been manipulated at some point in our life and taken advantage of.

So look at the bright side and the great things that will come.

I love my job now. when I was looking for work, My husband said what king of job do you want, I said one with no women! Well thats what I have and I love it, no hen picking, ggossip going on.

So look at the bright side and look for the great things that will come.

4. lil96

lil96 New Member

Thanks you guys!
    honeybears- you seem like you experienced the same thing as me! It is so embarassing and painful, but today (so far) I feel a little better.
    anyway thanks for the words of encouragement:)