1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Femal just spayed-last two bowel movements mucous only

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by SteveWISC, Jul 19, 2011.

1. SteveWISC

SteveWISC New Member

Just got my cat back from being spayed. She is alert and active.

I noticed her first two bowel movements involved alot of straining and have been clear mucous. I called the vet and they stated it may be from the pain med (0.1 ml buprenorphine, twice daily x 3 days) or from the anth. They said to monitor the situation.

Any additional input/advice/observations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Please update..sorry this is a bit late...hows your kitty doing?? Was this due to the medications from the spaying?? lack of food prior to surgery....medications that slow the body functions down....recovery would be my guess..

3. SteveWISC

SteveWISC New Member

Thank you for your reply.

She is doing fine now. I think it was all of the issues you mentioned, especially the pain medication I was giving her. Her digestive system just took a bit longer to get back to normal than what I have expierenced in the past. Perhaps even a mild over reaction on my part...lol...

A tablespoon of canned pumpkin mixed with her normal food took care of any constipation. Again, thanks for your reply :)

Warmest regards,

Steve

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

my dog used to do the mucus thing and I was told it was an intestinal infection that caused that