1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fox is giving birth, right now! Updated :(

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Bente

Bente New Member

My mothers cat, Fox, is giving birth right now, and I'm not there :m13:

Luckily I get off work in 45min! It's so exciting! :D
    How long does a cat birth take? I think her water just broke...

2. vene

vene New Member

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Bente. :D Let us know how the kittens and their mama is doing. I hope they will all be in good health. :y_the_best: I also hope your mom will keep the mama cat inside until she can have her spayed. Will you be posting pics for us? :wink:

4. Bente

Bente New Member

We can see the first kitten now. But it's coming the wrong way I think... With the tail first... Is that normal or what?? :|

5. Bente

Bente New Member

thanks for the link Vene :)

Chess: It's not very common to spay the female cats around here. But I don't know how long she'll have to wait until she can start giving her birth controll pills again?

Anyone knows? :0011:

Because if she'll have to wait a long time I'll suggest that she get the cat spayed, it would be the safest thing to do :)

6. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

Congrats

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

HIya how is she doing has she finished hope all has gone well.

Also its perfectly normal for some kittens to be born tail and bottom first its the same with dogs its just a little harder for mom.

Cant wait to see pics...... :eek:
    Mike

8. nern

nern New Member

Any more updates?
    Looking forward to the pictures.

9. Bente

Bente New Member

10. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

I'm glad everything turned out OK. At first you thought the first born was not alive so I'm happy she pulled through. Hopefully her leg will heal quickly. How is Mama cat doing?

11. Bente

Bente New Member

Everybody is doing great, Fox seem very contented.
    The kitten with the dangling leg is also ok now :eek:

But STUPID me! I just got home, and discovered that I forgot my camera at my mom's house :m13:

And I have sooo cute kitten pictures on it! :cry:

I'll try to get it tomorrow...

12. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Congrats on the new little kittens. Want to see pictures. :p

13. halaroo

halaroo New Member

You just like torturing us all, don't you? :D

Happy to hear the kittens and mom are doing well!

14. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I'm glad everything is okay! I can't wait to see pics!

15. vene

vene New Member

Bente, how did the leg heal up so quickly? Glad everyone is ok. :eek: Go get the pics now! :m3: :m36:

16. Bente

Bente New Member

Vene: I really don't know. It was kinda purple and swollen, but now it's the right colour and size *phui* And he uses it just like the others do :D

17. vene

vene New Member

That's a relief! :eek:

18. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Haha, born in a bucket! Cats give birth in the strangest places :roll: .

When Peanut gave birth to "The X5", she hid herself in an alcove beneath a pile of debris. He could find them for two days :!: When we finall did find them, they were all dusty and crying, and one of them was lying on a piece of broken glass!

I'm so glad that the one with the hurt leg is fine! And how is the one with the broken off tail?

19. Bente

Bente New Member

The one with the hurt leg is actually the one missing the tip of his tail... 8-[

Guess he didn't get the best start in this world, but my brother is thinking of adopting him :D

20. vene

vene New Member

Pics and names!