1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Fox is giving birth, right now! Updated :(

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, Oct 11, 2004.

1. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Haha. Yes, it's okay to write "mommy", and "mummy" is fine too! English wasn't your best subject? You seem to be very fluent! (Unless you're cheating and using an english translator). Mummy, may mean like a dried up corpse wrapped in paper but I'm sure we all knew what you meant! :)

2. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

im sorry to hear about the baby.. :cry:

3. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

{nerd}arwwwwwwwww to the 10th power! (/nerd)

I wish I could have one! I haven't seen newborns in so long that I forgot how small and amazingly cute they were!!!!!! So cute, it breaks my heart!

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Thanks for posting all of those great pics, Bente. They are so small and cute. I'm sorry one didn't make it. :( That's so sad.

5. nern

nern New Member

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost one. :cry:

6. vene

vene New Member

It breaks my heart to hear about the baby. :cry: I'm so sorry. :cry:

7. Bente

Bente New Member

More bad news... Another kitten is about to die, this time it's the "tail kitten" :cry:

My mom bought breast milk substitute and a TINY feeding bottle today, so hopfully he'll be ok! She also asked the vet for advice, and she told her to keep the babies warm (about 40 (or was it 30?) degrees Celcius) and to feed Fox kitten food for extra vitamins.

:cry:

8. Bente

Bente New Member

Now that kitten is dead too :cry:

It doesn't seem like this litter will do so well... Of the two that is left one is very weak, just like the two that died. The vet said that Fox probably didn't have enough milk from the start.

My mom blame herself, but there is no way she could have known about it, b/c the kittens nursed even if they didn't get any milk...
    Hopefully both that is left will survive, even though the chances for the little, weak one is small.

It breaks my heart :m35:

9. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

:( I am so sorry to hear all this. I will keep the living two in my thoughts and hope they pull through. It must be emotionally draining on all of you (even the cats)

((hugs))

10. Bente

Bente New Member

Thanks Lucidity.

The weak kitten won't take the milk substitute. But I'm going over tomorrow (if hes still alive) to help my mother trying to feed him. I figured if we sit with him and try to feed him 24/7, his chances are bigger than if we just try now and then...
    So I cross my fingers, hoping he'll make it! [-o<

11. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm really sorry for what you and your mom are going through. You are all in my thoughts today. :cry:

12. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

It sounds like you're doing everything you can to keep the little ones alive. I hope that all your hard work and devotion pays off and you end up with a couple healthy and happy kitties.

13. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry Bente. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. It's no one's fault. It just happens in nature. *HUGS*

14. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

The kittens are beautiful. I'm sorry that you lost one.

15. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

Bente...I'm so sorry.

Hopefully the two will take to drinking the substitute milk.

**hugs**

16. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of the kittens I hope this little one makes it a hug for you the family

17. Bente

Bente New Member

Thanks for being so supportive everybody 8-[

So far so good, both kittens are still alive. I didn't get a chanse to visit them today, so i'm not updated on the milk drinking yet...

My mother followed the vet's advice and turned up the heat in the cat room, wich resulted in Fox moving the kittens OUTSIDE :?
    My mom found them pretty fast, and now they're inside again (in a normal temperated room)

18. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I am so sorry, Bente! That breaks my heart. I can't believe you lost two of them. :cry: I feel so bad whenever I read your posts because I can't imagine losing any of my babies this young (even though they annoy the heck out of me at night!)

But it's good to hear that the other's seem to be doing too! :y_the_best:

I hope everything continues to get better!

19. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi bente...so sorry about the little ones....breaks my heart too.... :(

i know you will keep us posted on the other two...

about the "mummy" thing...dont they say "mummy" in england???

20. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

*skitters in and falls all over herself- pops up and looks around*

sorry i'm late..... *eyes shift* again.

*wanders over to Bente and offers some flowers and a hug* :love_y_t_much: :kiss_her:

i'm very sorry to read about the 2 kittens. But u are right theres nothing your mom coulda done. Sometimes those things just happen. Still doesnt help with the pain tho i know.

Hang in there, i'm sure the 2 lil ones remaining will be fine. Have u thought about getting your mom to switch to feeding the nursing mother kitten food? it will help give her extra minerals and nutrients and stuff to help the kittens further.

Or there might even be some nursing cat food out there. either way alittle extra wouldnt hurt.

Good luck.