1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a new hamster today!

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by Aqueous, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:eek: After years (literally years) of trying to convince my parents to let us get another hamster they've final caved so they're letting me get my sister a hamster (her first pet that will be all hers) as an early christmas present.

Any ideas on names?

2. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

male or female?

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:oops: Oops, Guess I should have put that down.

Most likely female.

4. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

Well in that case:

Amber, Chloe, Cora, Elsie, Gypsy, Honey, Mara, Mika, Noel, Rory, Rosie, Roxy, Sadie, Willow, Zara or Zoe. Good luck! Don't forget to tell everyone what you come up with :D

5. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

We just picked her up and got her settled in. She's so pretty. My sister decided on Gypsy

She's a long haired syrian. Picture the hamster below with longer hair. She's the exact same color but with cream spots in her white band.

[​IMG]

6. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

she is soooooooooo cute,

i had a long haired syrian called molly, but she died, and now i havea short haired syrian called marble.

that little hamster looks sooo curious in the photo, she must really enjoy her new home!

Shes soooo cute!

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I love syrians. My first hamster was a long haired syrian (cream and white banded) and my second was a sable long haired syrian.

She's also quite the little escape artist. When we went out for dinner on Saturday she managed to get out of her cage and into my sister's dresser drawer.

8. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

how cute, at least she was somewhere safe.

My 1st hamster escaped, and got down 13stairs, and unfortunatly the cats got her! she died of shock, 3days in to having her (my first hamster).

My new hamster got stuck in the toaster as, like yours , she wont stop exsploring.

9. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

She's so funny though, you'll put her back in her cage and she'll start climbing out again no matter how many times you put her back in.

My first hamster made it down 13 stairs and lived inmy kitchen and dining room for a few days. He's just lucky we took the dog with us on vacation when he got out.

10. Baby12

Baby12 New Member

i just got my new hamster yesterday and i have a Q.My hamsters poop is wet . should it be like that for the frist few days? :?