1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

getting used to dog house

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by rowdiebrindlepit, Mar 7, 2006.

1. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

i just got a dog house for my pup and i fighured that since he has been in a crate he would take to it like a natural but he is not going in it. i tried to show him that it is okay but he is against getting into it. he isnt with it all the time he is an inside dog and he gets chained to it maybe twice daily for an hour or so at a time.

2. doglover1234

doglover1234 New Member

Have you tried putting lots of stuff in there that your pup is intrested in ?

3. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

yes i have but the little shit acts like he is scared of it for some reason. he sits out in the snow instead of going into the dog house....hoe smart is that.

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Maybe being chained to it...feels trapped/vulnerable....is putting him off.

Have you tried playing with him around the kennel (off leash if possible), just kind of throwing toys or treats in but so he knows your still there.

Its not unusual for a dog not to want to go into a new kennel, it takes time to get them used to it but if he associates it with being tied up, abandoned (meaning you go inside and away from him when hes in there) theres not much really to encourage him to go in there.

Some dogs could care less though and take to it straight away, others will see it as a 'safe place'.

One other thing I thought of, make sure there are no bugs, spiders etc in there, if he has been bitten by something before he may be reluctant to go back in there.

5. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Perhaps, if he's just outside for an hour or so at a time, he finds the outside more interesting than the inside of a doghouse. After all, he's a house dog. House is the safe place, where we live, eat, sleep, and know everything as familiar. Outside, dog house or no, is just full of things that look, sound, and smell different than inside the house does.