1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Got another budgie, and.....

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Tom, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Tom

Tom New Member

My original one is acting very different. The two of them are getting along fine, but my original one (we only had him for about a month) is now resisting me. I try to get him out of the cage the way I normaly would and he moves away. I gently grabbed him a few times and he has bitten me a few times now. I fear that he no longer trusts me because I grabbed him out of the cage a few times. What can I do now?

Tom

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

The problem with getting another bird is that the original one will prefer to be with its new friend rather than be with you.

Since you have grabbed him a few times, You have made him fear your hands and you will now have to start all over again with hand taming to regain his trust.

Retraining might be a problem since you now have another bird, SO i suggest if bith birds are in seperate cages i would have them both in different rooms, This will make training alot easier, But that said he may never trust you again either that or he will just rather not have human company now that there is another bird in the house.

Mike

3. Tom

Tom New Member

Ok, things are alot better today. I came home from work, talked to them a bit and put my hand in the cage slowly. They both jumped on. I had them out for a little while and it is as if nothing ever happened. they both are getting on great and my original one is now the same as before.

Tom

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Since you've only had your original bird for less than a month and it is already together with the new bird I just wanted to add that in the future if you are going to add any new birds they should be quarantined away from your existing birds for 30 day to make sure that the new bird doesn't have any diseases that could be passed to your birds.