1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

hamster problem, please help!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by feather friend, Sep 24, 2007.

1. feather friend

feather friend New Member

My sis has a teddy bear/golden hamster, and he seems to be sneezing &
    coughing :( She is using aspen pine bedding for him. and also he climbs the sides of the cage then falls down. What are we to do? please help :!:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi this is placed in the wrong forums.

For my hamsters and gerbils i only ever use plain unscented woodshavings as i have found with aspen and nother woodshavings that are scented cause respiritory (sp) problems.

I would have it checked out by a vet and change the shavings and see how he goes.

As for climbing the bars and falling back down this is normal, I put old kitchen paper tubes or toilet paper tubes in to chew on and play in.
    Also i have a habitat home for a couple of my hamsters as they love running round all the tubes.

Mike

3. feather friend

feather friend New Member