1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Groupies!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by the_maine_pitbull, Mar 27, 2004.

1. the_maine_pitbull

the_maine_pitbull New Member

Hello Group-
    I hope all is well with each and every one of you. It has been a while since I have had any activity with this group. I was hoping that we could get more from people like you and I and take care of a few things. I have noticed that some people wondered what we could do more than what all of us already are doing, so for those of you wond3ering, I had a Brain Storm. I have recently started a new little program, just something small. I have not been actually in depth with
    anything yet. It is called "People for Pit Bulls" It is a program that I will be having on the both on and off of the internet and having every day people like you and I there to educate people on the breed, as well as have suggestions to help with making the lives of Pit Bull's a bit
    more easy. We will also be focusing on problems that the breed is facing and things we can do to help them, the areas generally covered will be spaying/neutering pet Pit Bull's, how to recognize fighting what we can all do as a group to crack down on the fighting dogs and try to get law enforcement to help us make stronger and more strict guidelines to follow. Also, trying to outreach with educating others on the breed, more communication between shelters and forming a
    country wide database for "Do not adopt to" which will be something that shelters will have access to and be able to list people to help catch the freaks trying at every damn shelter to get Pit's for whatever reasons they are. Also, my new group will be to give vets the skills and opportunity to safely and confidentially get information on anyone who they are suspicious of or any dogs with fighting marks as well as list these people as "caution" or however we may put it. A lot of you may be thinking, "Yeah that is great but how will it work for those who have rescued or adopted a dog that has these marks?” well, that will be known in the database for these vets as well. I would like to get enough people together to form a law stating that you NEED a license to breed a dog, you can't just take any dog off of the street and say "Oh yeah, she'd make a nice mommy!" This will help to get the BYB's out a bit, maybe not completely but some. Town Municipals need to get more details on these animals, not just color, breed and whether the dog is altered. They need to get much more information, where the dog came from, has it any background history, everything that would be important in finding these repeating problems with the same person that everyone overlooks. Anyhow, I just wanted to let all of you know that
    there will be more people joining this and as soon as it gets up and going, you are all more than welcome to be a part of it. This may not be for another month but I wanted to give all of
    you the heads up. Any ideas or suggestions, I am open to it all. I am going to take all that each of you have on your minds seriously and will listen to all of you with an open mind. You are
    welcome to be a part of People for Pit Bulls, however at this time there is nothing really up on it, I am still working on coloring in the gray areas of it so that it is ready before members start joining this group and the PFPB's membership. I will let you all know later when things are better off; so far all of you are the second to know about it. Any questions, comments or suggestions can be emailed directly to me at hafkel@hotmail.com
    Also, I am not going to be able to do this as a one-man team, especially because many people look at me like I am nuts. They think "Oh she is twenty, what does she know!" Well, I am one hell of a writer and I will write every damn thing I have to in order to get our words heard. I don't want anyone to look at this like I am in control because I am not. This is something that takes teamwork and there will be no tolerance for harassment, no tolerance for slackers. You either are in this for the golden opportunity we may build for ourselves to let our dogs barks be heard. It will be team effort only and anyone who gets on a power trip; we won't have room for in our society. I am putting so much money away each paycheck I get to help with things like t-shirts, bumper stickers, keychains, coffee mugs, traveler mugs, sports bottles, caps, posters I mean things that are really great to have. Anyhow, hope you can all see that the thing I am starting is pretty much what things are about that you already do, only, our words and thoughts get voices to them and someone is bound to respond after time. And some of it is a little bit more in depth.
    Good day to you all,

Angie Hafford
    Allagash Pitbull Rescue, Org.
    www.geocities.com/the_maine_pitbull/american.html

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Woo Ha!!! Good for you!!!!!

3. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Angie,
    Good for you! I will definately want an update as things come together for you. Keep us all posted!

4. Walt

Walt New Member

Sounds like a well thought out plan.
    Lets us know what we can do to help!

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

License To Breed

I was reading the post from Angie from the Allagash P.B. Rescue. She brought up a point about making it a law (state) to license breeders to sell dogs. There is usually a board of certified DVMs and breeding experts that make periodic inspections on registerd breeders. Since there seems to be some breeders on this board, I was just curious of their take on this.

6. Walt

Walt New Member

I think it’s a step in the rite direction :idea:

Now what do we do about all the non-reg breeders i.e. BYB’s: There’s almost no shore fire way to regulate them. If there was a way to shut them down that would put a significant dent in the pet over population in this county.