1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! When for first flight?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lilest Budgie, Apr 25, 2004.

1. lilest Budgie

lilest Budgie New Member

Hi I got my first bird ever, a budgie and he is very happy and healthy (except he prefers to throw the spinach around rather than eat it) and he is lots of fun. BUT. Well I have been hand taming him (he is young with bars on head) and he is now able to go on my arm up to my shoulder and onto my finger and I can talk to him up close. He still is scared of me although, like when I go near him sometimes he flys away. But after about 2 more weeks do you think he can come <u>OUT</u>? Should I wait longer? If I do should I put a blanket down beacuse I have laminate flooring? Will he be scared? How do I get him back into the cage and how long should I wait till I put him back?
    Also he still isn't eating any vegies or fruits, any help?
    I got to go Angel is chirping... :)

2. ilovebirds

ilovebirds New Member

I think that is funny when they throw their food,my cockatiels do that when going threw their seed,the stuff the don't like,they chuck it.

3. ilovebirds

ilovebirds New Member

I always gave my birds a week or 2 before I started trying to get them out of their cage.I think where I have more than one bird,they are comfortable leaving the cage.

I wouldn't leave my bird alone too long.I would want them to have as much attention they can handle at the moment.Just test and try,if he is too upset,leave him for other day and time.

4. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i agree with iluvbirds. usually just let them become more comfortable before trying