1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Help with baby mice

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by True_Pits, Mar 27, 2007.

1. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

One of my mice had 10 pinkies on March 12th. So far I've fed all but 4, I was planning on keeping 2 and feeding the remaining 2. Anyway when I checked on the mice lastnite she was just fine. Went over to her bowl and started eating. I went down a little bit ago and she was dead. The 4 fuzzies are pretty cold but still alive I'm sure they are hungry/thirsty and of course chilled without her body heat.

If anyone has any advice on how to care for them please help. They are only 2 weeks old and don't yet have their eyes open. I've already got heat on them, but got to get them fed.

2. Juubei

Juubei New Member

Please bring them to a pet store

I think what you should do is to bring it to a proper pet store. If you really love them you really have to give them up. You will be shortening their life spans if you don't bring them to a vet or a proper pet store.

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I don't know if you didn't realize this is an old post. I went ahead and fed all of them. My Hondurans got a double meal. There lifespan wouldn't be that long anyway because the hondurans were not eating anything larger then fuzzies at the time. So if the mom hadn't died then 2 of them still would have been food and 2 others I would have maybe kept. Most pet stores won't take pinkies, they have nothing they can do with them. They have no better resource to feed them then I do. They will buy hoppers to adults but not even take pinkies for free.

I can't say that I love mice. Yuks. We have a mice problem this year, haven't in the past but do now. I am getting so tired of it and can't wait until we move. I am now trying to use my old clouse female as a mouser since our old girl passed away in June. We need something to keep them down.