1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hi I'm new :)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by sillyshortee, May 16, 2007.

1. sillyshortee

sillyshortee New Member

Hi i'm new and i was wondering what the best kind of fish u can get that dosent neeed to be in tooo big of a bowl since i have a small bedroom the tanks needs to be sorta small to fit in my room. I was thinkin a betta or angel fish.

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hello and welcome i would go with the betta angel fish get way to big for a bowl and need at least a 30 gallon high with filter and heater but with a betta you could get a 2-3 gallon bowl with a air pump and you could have a betta and a snail in there

3. Hai

Hai New Member

In my experience hardy fish for newbies are Black-skirt Tetra and Betta. I guess you just want something simple, right? A male Betta is beautiful, but he does not swim much. If you want to add a moving element into the room, then get a pair of Black-skirt Tetra. The bowl should be at least one gallon (approx 3.8 liters).

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

An unfiltered bowl is totally unsuitable for blackskirts and especially a 1 gallon bowl (I'd even be hesitant to put them in a filtered 10 gallon tank - they may only get 2", but they really should be kept in groups).

And although a betta can survive in an unfiltered tank, a 1 gallon really isn't suitable (it's too small to cycle, and you'd have to do 100% water changes every day too keep the ammonia down and that can be very stressful for the betta).

-Chelle