1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Hog Dodging!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Samsintentions, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Well my easter went just splended. Rained, I got in an accident...

For those who thought it was cruel to hunt hogs, Lemmi tell ya what happened.

Driving home Saturday evening around 10 pm, I was driving about 75 (yeah, a bit fast but it was an open hwy with no one on it) Anyhow, about (and I'm just guessing here didn't have time to count) about 200 hogs ran out infront of me, from fence line to fence line they were solid and about 5 abrest! I took out about 12 of them all at once (at least thats what was laying on the road, and there were more in the ditch, but I wasn't getting out to count) My front end is all messed up on my truck.
    And ya know where they were headed? The freshly planted rice fields. Coming from the cornfields......

That many hogs can completely ruin 100 acres of crops in one night. Luckily none of us were hurt and I was able to control my truck, but it just goes to show you how bad they are and how much money they were fixing to cost alot of farmers. Not to mention your food supply.

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Do you participate in hog hunting? Seriously the hunting is not cruel... Even training isn't cruel (done correctly etc...) but I do aggree that contests for hog catching isn't probably the best think one can do to keep the practice legal and to keep from making it look worse to many folks than it already does.

There is a real need for hog hunting out there (WITH DOGS)... Great story...BTW

3. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Oh Sam. If it would happen to anyone, it would definately be you. Never a dull moment in your family it seems. I hope you enjoyed dinner at least. Glad to hear no one was seriously injured.

Those damn hogs!!

4. Samsintentions

Oh yeah, we ate WAY tooo much. Needless to say, the dogs, welll they'll be getting extras in their suppers!
    The sad thing is I had to bake the HAM! LOL, totally ironic!!!!!

I made this new desert, it was gone in 15 min!!!

Recipe:

One tub of thawed cool whip
    1 pkg of large strawberries
    2 pkg of lady fingers
    one pkg of softened light cream cheese
    2 pkg of vanilla puding

Mix the vanilla pudding according to bx,
    Blend in the cream cheese until smooth
    In a 9X13 pan, layer a pkg of lady fingers on bottom
    Spread a 1/2" layer of the pudding/ cream cheese mixture (only half the mixture!!!)
    In another bowl, slice the straberries and mix with whole tub of cool whip. USe half to layer on top of pudding mixture.
    Cover with pkg of lady fingers.
    Repeat: Layer with rest of pudding mixutre, layer with remaining cool whip.
    Use a hersheys bar and grate with Cheese grater to top and garnish with strawberries!!
    Let stand in refrigerator for 3 hrs (or until firm) and ENJOY!!!!

It was sooo light and fluffy, the kids went NUTS!

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

LOL, I have been making that for years! I don't eat much dessert, but I will endulge in this once in a while. My mate is always bugging me to make it.
    :lol: MMM, whip cream. You are so bad!

6. Samsintentions

Oh I know, we just got back from lunch. A friend of mine took me out since this is my last week, I'm endulging in a peice of Death By Chocolate, from Katz's Deli!

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Oh dont even talk about food! I am still too full to even think about food! LOL.