1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Holidays .. cattery vs cat sitter

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginny, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Ginny

Ginny New Member

I'm keen to find out what other cat owners do when they are away. In the past I have left my cats at home, apart from many years ago and I used a cattery once. I have recently been viewing catteries and nowhere seems good enough for my babies .. one was hand reared and the other a rescue who is extremely sensitive. I can possibly find friends to pop in several times a day, and my cats could still be closed in at night as they are normally - is this good enough? My old cat sitter friend (who was also a vet) has moved so that's why my thoughts have changed, I want to make sure I have done the best for mine whilst I'm away in the future.

Thanks

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I've been away for up to a week and a half a few times and I've had my 3 kiddos watched by my neighbor or my boss who lives close and they've been fine... Have had them over before hand to play or give them treats with me there... all were good... at first my female Zoe was stand offish with her but then once the tuna came out she made friends :lol:
    I would never use a cattery I'm really particular with my cats and they would be very unhappy in a cage situation... I would much rather they be in their home with eachother!! and my cats are also sensitive...
    that's my 2 cents.... home with someone coming in.... I've been gone 3 days and just left extra food and water and a extra litterbox all was fine.... Also the extra box was one of those automatic litterboxes worked great!!!

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I always leave my cats at home. I think they would be more comfortable in their own home rather than some place strange, even though they would be alone most of the time. My next door neighbour (who's also our vet) comes by with her kids everyday. The kids play with my kid's toys and she loves on the cats. I do the same for her.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I can't afford a kennel with 4 cats....wish I could but it's not in the cards.
    I'm supposed to be going to Virginia first weekend in May and my oldest son is taking my dog for the weekend and my niece will come by to check on my cats. I'm only going to be gone for 4 days.
    I'm thinking about asking the teen girl near me to come by and play with my cats but am unsure on that one. My cats don't do strangers well and the one cat that would bother with her is my Missy and at nearly 16 she doesn't do play.
    So I have my niece come by 2x day to scoop, check water and feed and I think they'll be fine.