1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Home owners insurance

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by pitzerlover, Apr 22, 2004.

1. pitzerlover

pitzerlover New Member

Hey guys. I need your help. There is a guy that had a pit pup and can't get homeowners insurance on his house. He lives in Oklahoma and we live in Texas. Can he buy home owners insurance from Texas, and if so, what insurance comapanies do you guys use?

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

We have State Farm and there are not any stipulations with the sort of dog you own. However having a fireplace and a trampoline has brought up our insurance rate. It's so silly! I have heard of people not being able to get home owners insurance due to owning dogs considered "High Risk".

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

We have American Family. They have stipulations. I got my Pits after I had my policy drawn. When we up-dated last year, I just left that part out. Yes, I LIED! The way I look at it is my dogs are low risk as far as liability. But it's in the back of my mind. If they should lick someone the wrong way, they just might sue me. I'm not joking when I say that, either. But, I think you can get homeowner's insurance any where you want.

4. pitzerlover

pitzerlover New Member

I tried lying to my insurance company, and then they came out to the house. I had to sign a waiver stating that if my dogs bite anyone, that I know that that will not be covered by my insurance. I had him call my insurance co. but they are not accepting any new policies.

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I'm in Canada but I am with State Farm, and there are no stipulations about ownign any breed.

There was just a story in Vancouver about a couple that got rejected because 1 dog was 1/4 german shephard and the 2nd dog was 1/2 rotweiler. Not even full breeds, but were still denied. They took it to the media and there was a huge uprise about it. A different company ended up taking them.

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I was getting some quotes the other week and I was shocked at the number of companies that would not insure for "dangerous dogs" and at the number of dogs they considered. One company had like 15 dogs on the list, mine was included. I own a Husky. My company only has a problem if your dog has previously bitten someone they wont cover you for the dog, or something like that.